Author Topic: Fluke-196B optical cable.  (Read 2256 times)

Offline Lachin012Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
Fluke-196B optical cable.
« on: October 17, 2022, 08:32:40 pm »
Hello! I have a Fluke-196B oscilloscope and it lost an optical cable ( OC4USB ) for Fluke communication and a computer, it is very expensive to buy it, maybe someone knows what is inside it and maybe there is a circuit for making it, I need to update my Fluke once I will be glad to anyone advice, thanks.

Offline Black Phoenix

• Super Contributor
Re: Fluke-196B optical cable.
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2022, 02:16:26 am »

The following users thanked this post: Lachin012

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2022, 05:44:56 am »
Thank you for the link, but I'm not sure that it will work on my device, since the project is made for Fluke-87 there, and the arduino code is written specifically for it, since there are special commands there, but I don't know what commands are on mine,  I also don’t know at what speed the exchange will be 9600 or 115200, of course I can try it, but I don’t think it will work.  Perhaps all the same, someone has already done it for my oscilloscope.

Offline Arhigos

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2022, 01:02:40 pm »
This is how to make a cable for scopemeter. You don't need arduino.  http://www.itsonlyaudio.com/measurement/fluke-123-opto-isolated-cable/ 
But the link you got from previous post will work for you as well. 

Viewforms will automatically scan all available baud-rate speeds and other settings

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2022, 03:40:23 pm »
Thanks for the link, I would also like to know if there is any documentation for my oscilloscope so that I can send commands through the serial port and make sure that my optical cable is working.

Have I chosen the right software description?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2022, 11:48:08 pm by Lachin012 »

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2022, 06:20:08 am »
This is how to make a cable for scopemeter. You don't need arduino.  http://www.itsonlyaudio.com/measurement/fluke-123-opto-isolated-cable/ 
But the link you got from previous post will work for you as well. 

Viewforms will automatically scan all available baud-rate speeds and other settings

I could not find this Viewforms program, if you can show where to download or a link to this program, I will be grateful to you.

Offline Ugur

• Regular Contributor

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2022, 11:50:19 am »
thank you for the link, but I can’t say for sure whether this is what I need or not, because I will be updating my Fluke for the first time, I have never done this, so there are so many questions.  I just need to update my Fluke to the latest version, so I ask for your help so as not to damage my device.

Offline Ugur

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2022, 12:35:07 pm »
What is the firmware number installed on your device?
If you are using an old version, installing the latest version may cause you problems.
You have to install the updates from the old version to the new version in order.

Offline Arhigos

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2022, 12:55:59 pm »
No. This is wrong tool. You have screenshot from flash tool for 190 series II but your scopemeter is 190 series - I.

You need different software tool Read this topic and keep in mind that there is chance to damage your device if you do something wrong

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/fluke-192-196-199-fw-upgrade/

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2022, 01:41:55 pm »
Here is the data from my device.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2022, 01:45:36 pm »
this is what I fear most of all so that my device does not turn into a piece of iron, so I would like to do everything right, if my Fluke needs to do this, of course.

Here is a man who took his optical cable, connected it to his PC, launched the Fluke website program, and wrote it downdown.
https://youtu.be/F1x4wGLo8I4

« Last Edit: October 19, 2022, 02:03:20 pm by Lachin012 »

Offline Ugur

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2022, 01:58:26 pm »
Why do you need an update in the first place?
You can get support in this regard from an authorized service center in your region.
Support for this device has been completely terminated by Fluke, but maybe the local service can support you on this.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2022, 02:08:50 pm »
Why do you need an update in the first place?
You can get support in this regard from an authorized service center in your region.
Support for this device has been completely terminated by Fluke, but maybe the local service can support you on this.

I just looked that I didn’t have a very recent firmware version, and decided to update to the latest one on the Fluke website, is it bad to update?  perhaps corrected some inaccuracies and some bugs.  Is there a Fluke service center in Istanbul?

Here is a man who took his optical cable, connected it to his PC, launched the Fluke website program, and wrote it downdown.
https://youtu.be/F1x4wGLo8I4

Offline Ugur

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2022, 03:00:59 pm »
You can contact them for the authorized service center in Turkey.

https://www.netes.com.tr/

Offline Arhigos

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2022, 09:25:17 pm »
This is not something like updating antivirus on computer. If you don't have any problems with your meter then don't worry.. I had 3 of them. One 196c at home, one 199 at job and currently 190-II at job. And never even checked firmware level  :=\

But if you really want to update this meter you will need to find a correct software tool because fluke already deleted all 196b related software from their website

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2022, 04:54:57 am »
This is not something like updating antivirus on computer. If you don't have any problems with your meter then don't worry.. I had 3 of them. One 196c at home, one 199 at job and currently 190-II at job. And never even checked firmware level  :=\

But if you really want to update this meter you will need to find a correct software tool because fluke already deleted all 196b related software from their website

There are no problems with the device, everything works fine, I just thought if there are any updates, then you can update the device, usually they release an update if there are any problems and the factory releases a program update, but since this is not necessary, then we will leave the device alone, I would not want to get  brick.  Tell Fluke-196B must be a fan?  since I don’t have it, I watched some videos there is a fan, but there is a Fluke-196C model.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2022, 05:03:05 am by Lachin012 »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf