Author Topic: Flir IM75 Teardown  (Read 1571 times)

Offline threephaseTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Flir IM75 Teardown
« on: September 02, 2018, 04:49:39 pm »
Some pictures of the insides of a FLIR IM75 Insulation Multimeter - in the end I was a little disappointed with this instrument, nice build quality if you conveniently ignore the foreign objects inside, but functional implementation is a bit questionable given the high end manufacturer and price tag.

I won't post the test data here as I still haven't mastered laying out a blog on this forum, but if anyone wants to see any test results from it, they can go to the following blog on Farnell Element14.

https://www.element14.com/community/groups/test-and-measurement/blog/2018/08/27/flir-im75-insulation-tester-dmm

The following users thanked this post: Markus2801A

• Regular Contributor
Re: Flir IM75 Teardown
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2018, 04:52:17 pm »
Bristle found under selector switch when opened up. Other than that it was a good quality build, machine screws used throughout, boards looked to be clean with no solder residue.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2018, 04:55:38 pm »
Comes nicely boxed if you are into that type of thing, but has its moments when testing a motor.

Offline bloguetronica

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2018, 03:39:54 am »
Hi,

I like how the switch is designed. Very simple, but effective. I bet you can disassemble it and the contact leafs won't go out of their place. They seem to be crimped to that red plastic bar. The build quality looks good, and they even used a proper Bussman fuse. Nice!

Kind regards, Samuel Lourenço

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2018, 03:07:27 pm »
Thanks for reading, it certainly is a good quality built. But you would expect that from the price tag.

I have looked through my pictures and didn't take a close up of the function switch and have unfortunately overwritten the high resolution version of the photo showing it alongside the case.

Kind regards

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf