Author Topic: HP-5359A and HP-3326A EPROM Images  (Read 2775 times)

Offline MadTuxTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
HP-5359A and HP-3326A EPROM Images
« on: October 30, 2014, 03:33:59 pm »
Hi everyone

Here are the ROM images of the HP-3326A dual channel synthesizer and the HP-5359A pulse generator.

This started after I got a second HP-5359A pulse generator for repair quite cheaply. In contrast to the first one, which miraculously repaired itself on the way to me, as it didn't display any faults any more as it did on ebay and had a perfect output signal, the second one arrived completely dead although it appeared to be working on ebay.

So I checked the voltages, which were fine. After that, I started to swap individual cards from the bad one to the good one and soon found that the CPU card and most others were fine and the EPROM card to be completely dead. OK fine, dead EPROMs, I thought and swapped the good EPROM card to the bad unit in hope that it would power up. It didn't and the good EPROM card was dead, too. SHIT.

Fortunately the EPROMs are OK, so there must be a/be bad latch/es on the EPROM board, probably caused by another card that has some fault, too => more repair, first I'll build an adapter for my logic analyzer to check the logic levels on the main board.

In the process of dumping the old 2708 EPROMs (details in the attachment), I decided that I could also unsolder and dump the 27256 EPROMs of the 3326A that I recently repaired, as the ROM images aren't online yet. BTW, the 3326A is a really nice function generator that can generate 2 fixed phase offset signals bewtween 0-13MHz, ideal to test e.g. 3 phase asynchronous motors.

Attachments are 7z compressed files, renamed to .txt, since 7z gives the best compression ratio and the stupid forum software doesn't allow me to upload 7z files, so I renamed them :)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 03:36:59 pm by MadTux »

Offline KE5FX

• Super Contributor
    • KE5FX.COM
Re: HP-5359A and HP-3326A EPROM Images
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 08:42:22 am »
Good stuff!  You might also upload them to the Manuals page at http://www.ko4bb.com -- I don't think those particular images have been posted by anyone else.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf