Author Topic: First oscilloscope  (Read 16498 times)

Offline NiaDebesisTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Re: First oscilloscope
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2016, 11:28:30 pm »
OK, now I really think you are a troll.  :horse:

...Ok think what you want, but repeat...
I  dont  have  problems  with  budget
I only think at long term
Nothing more

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2016, 11:34:53 pm »

Nothing more
Then your first scope choice IS even more important, you need to set your sights above the cheapest entry level DSO's and any thoughts of secondhand equipment in the same class including CRO's.  :--

A scope is a scope is a scope, they all work and are used in much the same way, there's a pile of advice for scope newbies much like you in the forum, use the search button, not the box.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

The following users thanked this post: NiaDebesis

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2016, 11:37:03 pm »

Nothing more

Ill buy the Gossen, Lcr multimeter and the rigol z

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2016, 12:10:35 am »

Nothing more
Then your first scope choice IS even more important, you need to set your sights above the cheapest entry level DSO's and any thoughts of secondhand equipment in the same class including CRO's.  :--

A scope is a scope is a scope, they all work and are used in much the same way, there's a pile of advice for scope newbies much like you in the forum, use the search button, not the box.

One day the oscilloscope will be necesseraly for my lab, for this I take the gossen, the Rigol z and the lcr tester

Offline P90

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2016, 12:14:13 am »

Nothing more

One day the oscilloscope will be necesseraly for my lab, for this I take the gossen, the Rigol z and the lcr tester

But let me ask you, do you have a soldering station?

Offline Muttley Snickers

• Supporter
  • Cursed: 679 times
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2016, 12:16:57 am »
I’ll buy the Gossen, LCR multimeter and the Rigol Z.

Sounds like a good plan, please come back and post some pictures of the new equipment and one of your existing Hioki meter once you have obtained them. Otherwise people here may get tired of your ongoing requests and banish you to the tyre-kickers category which is a really bad label to have.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2016, 12:32:45 am »

Ill post all, but i didn' t understand the end part
Sounds like a good plan, please come back and post some pictures of the new equipment and one of your existing Hioki meter once you have obtained them. Otherwise people here may get tired of your ongoing requests and banish you to the tyre-kickers category which is a really bad label to have.

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2016, 12:37:05 am »
Tire kicker; like this one:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/advice-about-oscilloscope-to-buy/
Nearly 3 weeks later he still has little idea of what to do.  :-//
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2016, 12:45:39 am »

Too complicated for me to understand...in pratically is who take a lots of post about one thing?

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2016, 01:15:48 am »

Too complicated for me to understand...in pratically is who take a lots of post about one thing?
:)
At least you're listening.  :-+
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

Online nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2016, 01:42:02 am »
Buying test equipment is like buying anything nowadays: it will be outdated in a couple of years. I buy a different oscilloscope every few years (so far mostly used ones). The same goes for other test equipment. When I have a need for a certain piece of equipment I buy it. When I no longer need a piece of equipment (upgraded or not used for a long time) I sell it again. My point is: focus on what kind of projects are on your workbench right now and figure out how much you want to spend to get those projects finished (quicker). Also realise that test equipment depreciates faster than a car so you'll never get back what you have spend.

Better tools will help to do a job quicker but the value for money decreases exponentially. If you have no hammer then any cheap crap hammer will be a major improvement. If you already have a hammer, a hammer with a more ergonomic grip (less strain on your hand) might allow you to put in 20% more nails on a day so there is a benefit but less than going from no hammer to having one cheap crap hammer.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline alsetalokin4017

• Super Contributor
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2016, 02:17:10 am »
No problems with budget? That must be nice.

Then by all means get the best, most expensive scope you can find. LeCroy makes some great high-end scopes, as do Tek and Agilent. Some of these can cost more than my home and my car combined.
The easiest person to fool is yourself. -- Richard Feynman

Offline Lightages

• Supporter
  • Canadian po
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2016, 03:00:00 am »
I still don't believe a word the OP says. He says no more than $200, then says no budget. In another thread he says he wants a Gossen or a Fluke. He only wants to spend $200 on an oscilloscope but can buy a DS1054Z, two Gossens and an LCR meter. This is either a troll or a "tire kicker" waste of time.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 04:19:23 am by Lightages »

Offline P90

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2016, 04:14:15 am »
I still don't believe a word the OP says. He says no more than $200, then says no budget. In another thread he says he wants a Gossen or a Fluke. He only wants to spend $200 on an oscilloscope but want can buy a DS1054Z, two Gossens and an LCR meter. This is either a troll or a "tire kicker" waste of time.

But that's the beauty of the internet... anyone can pretend be a big spender... or anything he wants...          :-)

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2016, 06:17:13 am »
I still don't believe a word the OP says. He says no more than $200, then says no budget. In another thread he says he wants a Gossen or a Fluke. He only wants to spend $200 on an oscilloscope but can buy a DS1054Z, two Gossens and an LCR meter. This is either a troll or a "tire kicker" waste of time.

I have the money to tanke what I want a fluke oscilloscope? 1, 2,3, 4 ok, doesen' t care, i can buy what I want, BUT I DON'T  TO WASTE MY MONEY

I know I know is difficult to understand
Fort the 10 time I ll repeat
I saw 200 NOT for my money but because i Tgought the best choice for a begginner was to rake some old analogue oscilloscope, but some guys here have tell me a oscilloscope will be necessary, tou have understand?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 06:22:06 am by NiaDebesis »

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2016, 06:24:47 am »

I can buy what I want, with no budget, if i want I can buy equipment for 100k but, is a waste of mone, I have the money, bit I don' t want to waste my money

Offline Lightages

• Supporter
  • Canadian po
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2016, 06:25:43 am »
OK, if you are to be believed:

Buy a DS1054Z and hack it
Buy 2 BM257S (or BM869S) from www.tme.eu
Buy a DER EE DE-5000

This will be your best buy for the money.

If you want to spend lots of money for no reason:

Buy some high priced oscilloscope for no reason other than you have too much money and have no idea what you want
Buy 2 Gossen multimeters
You will have no more idea what to do with these things but you will be happy you spent lots of money.

If you don't know what to buy and why you should buy it, then ask the questions and follow the advice of the people here. If you have too much money and don't care about costs and what you know, buy what you want and stop bothering other people with your naive questions and/or contradictory requirements and arguments.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 06:27:57 am by Lightages »

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2016, 06:30:19 am »

Buy a DER EE DE-5000

I say is a waste of money ^^
Have problems to understand this?
I say I CAN not I GOING TO BUY

Buy some high priced oscilloscope for no reason other than you have too much money and have no idea what you want
Buy 2 Gossen multimeters
You will have no more idea what to do with these things but you will be happy you spent lots of money.

If you don't know what to buy and why you should buy it, then ask the questions and follow the advice of the people here. If you have too much money and don't care about costs and what you know, buy what you want and stop bothering other people with your naive questions and/or contradictory requirements and arguments.

Offline Lightages

• Supporter
  • Canadian po
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2016, 06:36:41 am »
I tried..... :-//

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2016, 06:43:13 am »

Hack?
Buy a DER EE DE-5000

Buy 2 Gossen multimeters

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2016, 06:49:59 am »

I can buy what I want, with no budget, if i want I can buy equipment for 100k but, is a waste of mone, I have the money, bit I don' t want to waste my money
And you are somewhat unusual in that respect, most have very limited funds and are satisfied with equipment that's only "good enough" for their needs and that's OK too.

Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2016, 06:51:25 am »

Buy a DER EE DE-5000

Buy 2 Gossen multimeters

I don' t know how well is BMS
Ill buy the rigol Z
The lcr tester
And the gossen and another multimeter (2 gossen is usless)

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2016, 06:53:20 am »

And you are somewhat unusual in that respect, most have very limited funds and are satisfied with equipment that's only "good enough" for their needs and that's OK too.

This! I want to buy what I need (I want to take the gossen because I want a very high end multimeter for every work)

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2016, 07:12:17 am »

I don' t want to open a new post, for me (beginner) what power supply i should to buy? I have cecked elv

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2016, 07:23:22 am »

I don' t want to open a new post, for me (beginner) what power supply i should to buy? I have cecked elv
Elv ?

How many outputs do you want/need ?
I didn't think these would be popular in my market but I've sold a couple of SPD3303X-E's lately to very satisfied customers.
http://www.siglenteu.com/pdxx.aspx?id=1116&T=2&tid=17

Don't know if that's what you're looking for or is even within your budget.  ;)
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf