Author Topic: Rigol DS2072A SPI decoding issue  (Read 609 times)

Offline twospoonsTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Rigol DS2072A SPI decoding issue
« on: March 24, 2021, 02:38:30 am »
Trying to run SPI decoding with my hacked DS2072A, but for some reason it thinks both rising and falling edges represent clocks. So for 8 actual clock pulses it decodes 16 data bits - which is quite wrong.
Slope options for the SCLK in the decode menu are either rising or falling, as you'd expect.  Theres no glitching in the clock that I can see.

Anyone have any ideas as to what's wrong? Or is this just buggy firmware from Rigol (Software version is 00.03.05.SP3, hardware version is 2.3)

Offline mindoo

Re: Rigol DS2072A SPI decoding issue
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2024, 07:35:05 pm »
Hey,

I'm currently struggling with a very similar problem on the DHO804 (not hacked yet). Were you ever able to find the cause for this ?

Offline thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2024, 09:41:52 pm »
I'm currently struggling with a very similar problem on the DHO804 (not hacked yet). Were you ever able to find the cause for this ?

DHO804 has nothing to do with DS2000, the software is completely different.
Better off to look in the existing DHO800 threads that we have:

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/rigol-dho800900-oscilloscope-bug-reports-firmware/?action=printpage
SPI working here: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/rigol-dho804-test-and-compare-thread/msg5177292/#msg5177292

So probably user error or an existing bug you are not aware of.
Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures

Offline mindoo

« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 02:08:58 pm »
Will look through those / have been looking through those. Yeah I posted quickly as a shot in the dark, I strongly suspect user error, and thought maybe OP had made a similar user error. The thing is I used to have it working great, just rebooted my scope and now have not been able to get it working again. Double checked all settings, tried literally every combination or thing I could think of and I still for some reason have my scope hat believes 8 bits are being coded on 2 clock cycles. It seems to be taking into account both rising edges and falling edges, though it's not super consistent in that behaviour (sometimes +1 bit or -1 bit relative to clock cycle count).

'l'll post screenshots when I am home, I'd be hardly surprised if it is indeed user error, but at the same time, the options are pretty limited for the settings, I've replicated the same settings that got it working at first, and then tried everything else I could think of and still have this odd behaviour.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf