Author Topic: Oldie HP 3325A or Hantek HDG2002B function generator?  (Read 1550 times)

Offline slow_riderTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Oldie HP 3325A or Hantek HDG2002B function generator?
« on: February 26, 2015, 11:45:10 am »
I need a new function generator... I am looking at an HP 3325A for a while now, it fits by budget and it is sold with guarantee that everything is working. I assume it is not calibrated per spec. but most changes I can live with that. On the other hand there is the Hantek HDG2002B which costs a bit more and is brand new and although it only reaches 5MHz I think I can live with that.

I mostly do stuff in the audio range but good sweeping functions are important for me as well as an instrument I can count upon. I do want some over 1MHz capabilities so that I can trust what happens to circuits when clock signal is applied.

Your thoughts on this?

Offline wn1fju

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Oldie HP 3325A or Hantek HDG2002B function generator?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 01:21:59 pm »
I have an HP 3325A and it is very nice.  Built with usual 1980's HP quality, it should last forever.  The only potential "faults" are the attenuator relays which can easily be cleaned.  However, look at the specs carefully.  Although sine waves go to 21 MHz, square waves only go to 11 MHz and triangle and ramps only go to 11 kHz!!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf