Author Topic: Keysight calibration sale  (Read 4375 times)

Offline mubesTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • Do Not Boil
Keysight calibration sale
« on: June 02, 2017, 09:28:58 am »
Folks,

I got an email the other day about a 50% saving in calibration cost for keysight instruments with a one year warranty thrown in. It reduces keysight official calibration to sane prices. I've just received my quote back and quite frankly with the warranty thrown in it's a bit of a bargain for my out of warranty scope.

As far as I can see there is nothing special you have to do to qualify for this offer....just fill out a calibration request online. Apologies if this has already been posted and I missed it. I've no connection to keysight apart from _really_ wanting to win one of their 4000 series scopes (are you reading Daniel?).

Dave

The following users thanked this post: Keysight DanielBogdanoff

Offline trevwhite

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Keysight calibration sale
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 12:24:29 pm »
What did they quote you?

• Regular Contributor
  • Do Not Boil
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 12:33:07 pm »
MSO3014, calibration expired in Feb 232 EUR including shipping....I though that was pretty good.

Online nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2017, 01:24:30 pm »
Interesting. UK only? I didn't get that e-mail.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline Keysight DanielBogdanoff

• Supporter
  • ALL THE SCOPES!
    • Keysight Scopes YouTube channel
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2017, 08:05:37 pm »
I'll try to find some more details for you all.

Offline TheSteve

• Supporter
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2017, 08:13:52 pm »
@ 50% off several pieces of gear from my lab would be heading to Keysight.
VE7FM

• Regular Contributor
  • Do Not Boil
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2017, 09:12:36 pm »
I'll try to find some more details for you all.
Appreciated Daniel. I cannot publish the web-link that was sent to me as it appears to have quite some tracking information in it....if I shorten it then it just takes me to a 'page not known'.

Regards

DAVE

• Supporter
  • ALL THE SCOPES!
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2017, 10:09:56 pm »
So far, I've been able to track down that this offer is only for specific countries in Europe. It'll probably take a weekend to get the info from them since it's now Saturday there.

My understanding is that it may be for only a certain quantity of instruments and be eligible for HPA + Keysight equipment only.

I'll update when I get more info.

• Supporter
  • ALL THE SCOPES!
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2017, 06:49:23 am »
Ok, here's the scoop.

1. the promotion mubes got an e-mail about: http://www.keysight.com/main/campaign.jspx?cc=AE&lc=eng&ckey=2862557&id=2862557

* Conditions for eligibility:
-Limited to calibration of HP, Agilent and Keysight instruments only and to instruments without any pre-existing calibration coverage
-Extended Warranty After Calibration valid for 1 year from the calibration service date in all countries except Germany (2 years)
-50% off calibration offer is limited to a maximum of 2 instruments per customer site
-This offer is not combinable with any other promotions or discounts
-This offer is not combinable with customer specific price lists or Service Volume Agreements

Start date: May 1, 2017 End date: September 30, 2017

Availability: UK, Ireland, France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Spain, Israel, India, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Finland, Sweden

If you aren't eligible, it never hurts to call and see what we can do for you!

2. Other possibly relevant promotion, worldwide: http://www.keysight.com/main/editorial.jspx?cc=GB&lc=eng&ckey=2862688&nid=-11143.0.00&id=2862688

3. You can always check www.keysight.com/find/promotions for a nice list of all our current promos.

The following users thanked this post: nctnico

Offline pelule

• Frequent Contributor
  • What is business? It’s other people’s money
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2017, 09:42:50 am »
I received same "promo" mail in Germany also - I guess you need to be a registered at Keysight for.
Waiting for the quotation...
/PeLuLe
You will learn something new every single day

• Regular Contributor
  • Do Not Boil
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2017, 02:10:36 pm »
-Extended Warranty After Calibration valid for 1 year from the calibration service date in all countries except Germany (2 years)

not wanting to look a gifthorse etc. etc.....but I would have happily have paid a bit more to extend the warranty to the calibration period (i.e. 2 years) here in the UK....do you have any idea if that is a possibility Daniel?  Your kit is so reliable that this is a zero cost uplift for you guys, right?  8)

DAVE

• Supporter
  • ALL THE SCOPES!
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2017, 07:00:55 pm »
I know that you can purchase extended warranties, but I'm not sure of the details. I'd give the local call center a call or an e-mail and they can give you specifics on local pricing and info for your specific gear.

Your kit is so reliable that this is a zero cost uplift for you guys, right?  8)

Our reliability is definitely one of our strong-points, but nobody's perfect  :)

• Regular Contributor
  • Do Not Boil
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2017, 08:41:04 am »
I know that you can purchase extended warranties, but I'm not sure of the details. I'd give the local call center a call or an e-mail and they can give you specifics on local pricing and info for your specific gear.
Yes, I got such a quote a couple of months back cos I use this thing daily, but it was so expensive that if it breaks and I can't fix it I could justify a new one! From memory even calibration alone was about 500 eur...so this summer sale is a breath of fresh air, just a shame I don't live in Germany :-)

Edit: Just got a reply from the contact centre that they cannot match the German warranty in the rest of Europe...I even offered to pay extra :-(

Dave
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 09:50:39 am by mubes »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf