Author Topic: Exporting persistence waveforms on HP 54542A or Agilent DSO1002A  (Read 73 times)

Offline PerArduaTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Hi,

I'm performing an experiment which requires sampling a 'glitching' signal - appearing semi regularly at different time intervals with respect to my trigger. I am trying to identify particular time intervals where this glitch occurs, as well as the amplitude response of this glitch.

In order to do this, I have been employing the persistence function on my scopes. This works well for monitoring the experiment, but I would like to perform further analysis on my PC - such as fitting curves to the glitch's envelope.

However, I cannot find a way to export the persistence waveform as something with attributable voltage/time data - only in an image file. I have also tried looking at using math functions, and exporting that, but no matter what I try, the only thing I can export is a single waveform from the channel.

I can see how exporting pixels saves on memory - rather than supporting a screen's worth of voltage/time points.  But that doesn't help me in this case.

I am considering hooking up my 54542A through GPIB, and using a PC script to form the persistence data - taking each waveform through GPIB. Before I try that, can anyone suggest a practical way of exporting the persistence waveform/envelope/max values from either of these instruments?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf