Author Topic: DSOX2000 and 3000 series - licence , have anyone tried to hack that scope ?  (Read 1231423 times)

Offline thetapi

Thanks to Boppeldibop and Mark for sharing the patched FW and the workflow with me :)

Offline PierreB49

Thanks to Boppeldibop and Mark for sharing the patched FW and the workflow with me :)

I also recently acquired a DSOX3014T can someone send me the FW and the workflow. Thanks a lots  :-+

Offline Boppeldibop

Since the 3000T series seems to be popular lately, maybe someone can share a newer version than 3000T.7.35.2020120822_patched?

Offline neniwein

Hi,

I'm new in here, yesterday was shocked to notice my DSOX2014a has the same issue of booting-up.
Does someone have the 2000XSeries.02.35.2013061800.cab file to help my saving my oscilloscope from the bin ?

Many Thanks !!!
Oren

Offline charliex

• Frequent Contributor
  • Car Hacker

Offline calvinlove0

I'm another one that's l late to the party...these links are dead, could a kind soul out there share again plz  ;D

Ok,

So let's try this again... please try them and let me know....

I did NOT put any of the 7.30 patches up, as I assume just going with the latest 7.31 is fine?  (I can put up 7.30 if anyone still wants it)

These firmwares have the usual patches for the license check and the 'unreleased/unfinalized software' things

*** Note:  ***

Upgrading the firmware ALWAYS replaces the .lnk file with the stock one, I didn't look into putting our custom .ink files into the .CAB/.KSX file (even though I'm sure we can), so REMEMBER to SAVE OFF your .lnk file somewhere before doing the upgrade.  This way after the upgrade is done, telnet in and copy/move your .lnk file back over..

DSOX 1000X Series:  FW:  01.20.2019061038_patched  https://mega.nz/#!mjB0FAQa!8wYfTlHPuc4hF3UFPLoq0FOgylfsSVur4B5YSdCTn2I
md5: <5A48A3492AD5BB23336236FDC6A12738>

DSOX 2000X Series:  FW:  02.50.2019022736_patched  https://mega.nz/#!HiBAEIrZ!gydBKQMpH93kKwPUog3e2dGR1eWTIglZbL2kwd6dRxk
md5: <22E2508172382996B9ACF2852DB011F8>

DSOX 3000A Series:  FW:  02.50.2019022736_patched https://mega.nz/#!zmBkHCba!TK5Vf0N0LCeR3vYwx1fa41OekFXqg1psCYN-eagnvdY
md5: <CB931D537544D51D4EFFF44633506780>

DSOX 3000T Series:  FW:  7.31.2020012842_patched https://mega.nz/#!37BkWaCQ!JFJtIdT1p4m1BtULjw503jLpQDMjIV_cyzHRglBET-0
md5: <63DDE0129A9516C81DCF380F228BB08A>

DSOX 4000X Series:  FW:  7.31.2020012900_patched  https://mega.nz/#!7nQC0YYA!LN8kMBfHrh_OHCrrLKaHmJl6zxRhSQanycLwwnTLidA
md5: <6F94C7500AF7D129B28F75DD0E35AE9D>

Please let me know if there are any issues with any of these!

Just installing this firmware didn't help much for me for a DSOX3014T. Are there more steps needed other than using this firmware?

Offline Howardlong

• Super Contributor
MSOX3000T VNC Server

I noticed there's an add-on .ksx firmware package for this scope.

https://www.keysight.com/gb/en/lib/software-detail/instrument-firmware-software/vnc-server-software-for-3000t-xseries-oscilloscopes-3049546.html

I've installed it, but when I connect with RealVNC, it's asking me for a password. This doesn't seem to be the same password as that set at the web UI. Anyone know what the password is for this, or how to set it?

(Rationale: if you've tried to use the Web UI's Control Instrument / Use Remote Front Panel, it gives a tiny, un-resizable view, and performance is dire).

Offline philwong5176

• Supporter

This is the optional VNC server software for the 3000T X-Series oscilloscopes. NOTE: This VNC server software supports the oscilloscope's web interface Remote Front Panel client only. Other VNC clients are not supported. If you attempt to use other VNC clients with this VNC server software, you will be prompted for an unknown password; this is not the same password that can be enabled for oscilloscope’s web interface.

Offline Howardlong

• Super Contributor

This is the optional VNC server software for the 3000T X-Series oscilloscopes. NOTE: This VNC server software supports the oscilloscope's web interface Remote Front Panel client only. Other VNC clients are not supported. If you attempt to use other VNC clients with this VNC server software, you will be prompted for an unknown password; this is not the same password that can be enabled for oscilloscope’s web interface.

Oh dear, guess I should've read that! Well, I can report that it's crap for the aforementioned reasons ;-)

Offline BillCRM

Python 3 is now more popular today, so there's the python 3 modified version of the origional 'dosetup.py', in case someone might need it.

Offline Estaxe

• Contributor
Hello guys,

if someone of you see a red color message "WARNING: Unfinalize Software" on the left upper corner of the screen of your oscilloscope during the system loading, and it appeared after upgrade the firmware (to original one, not patched - it happened to me after updating from v.2.12 to v.2.65, and it's kinda weird), you can "clear" this message sending the next command to your scope using software "Keysight IO Libraries Suite":

:SYST:PROD:SEAL

Maybe it will help someone.

The following users thanked this post: BillCRM

Offline tv84

• Super Contributor
you can "clear" this message sending the next command to your scope using software "Keysight IO Libraries Suite":

Beware, you're not only "clearing" the message. You're securing the system preventing you from doing the "interesting" changes. That's the state that most in this thread hope to achieve with the help of patches. :)

In your case you were blessed by a system glitch...

Offline Estaxe

• Contributor
you can "clear" this message sending the next command to your scope using software "Keysight IO Libraries Suite":

Beware, you're not only "clearing" the message. You're securing the system preventing you from doing the "interesting" changes. That's the state that most in this thread hope to achieve with the help of patches. :)

In your case you were blessed by a system glitch...

Really? Good to know - had no idea, thank you. Although, it resolved the problem of this warning message. About "interesting changes" - i suppose it's impossible now, isn't it? All the links are dead, i found nothing, unfortunately. I am using trial licenses now - better than nothing :)

Offline elemenoh

• Contributor
I have a DSO-X 3014A with DIY LAN card and unpatched firmware 02.66

VNC and telnet to port 5024 work okay.

Telnet on port 23 says "Connection refused". Reading through posts here it seems like some others might have hit something similar but it wasn't clear what the solution was. How can I work around that?

Also, I would greatly appreciate someone sending me a link to the latest patched firmware. The latest I was able to download previously was 2.43.

Cheers!

Offline Estaxe

• Contributor
Re: DSOX2000 and 3000 series - licence , have anyone tried to hack that scope ?
« Reply #3314 on: September 07, 2024, 04:58:41 pm »
Guys. Really. PLEASE! You know what do i mean :)

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3315 on: September 07, 2024, 06:10:44 pm »
There is no link. Giving you a link means someone has to run a web site and host files on it. You may have a better chance if You give an upload link where others can upload files.
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

Offline Estaxe

• Contributor
« Reply #3316 on: September 07, 2024, 07:03:10 pm »
There is no link. Giving you a link means someone has to run a web site and host files on it. You may have a better chance if You give an upload link where others can upload files.

Emmm, but how about file sharing services? Link in PM to Google Drive, Dropbox?

Offline J-R

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3317 on: September 07, 2024, 08:03:44 pm »

Emmm, but how about file sharing services? Link in PM to Google Drive, Dropbox?
There are mountains of file sharing sites out there that don't require an account and are more appropriate for "anonymous" sharing of files like this.  And they have been used in the past in this very topic.

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3318 on: September 07, 2024, 08:32:01 pm »
If they have been used in the past, why then people keep asking? See any problem with that?

Offline Estaxe

• Contributor
« Reply #3319 on: September 07, 2024, 08:39:48 pm »
If they have been used in the past, why then people keep asking? See any problem with that?

But all links are dead, because they were public. Links given by PM are more safe. Well, i hope so (but maybe i am too naive) :)

Offline J-R

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3320 on: September 07, 2024, 08:41:36 pm »
No idea what you're trying to say, but any search engine will return dozens of sites where you can simply drag a file and share a URL for others to access the file.

Someone could upload their copies of the requested files.

Offline J-R

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3321 on: September 07, 2024, 08:51:35 pm »

But all links are dead, because they were public. Links given by PM are more safe. Well, i hope so (but maybe i am too naive) :)
Many of the links are dead because they expired, which is probably a good thing.

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3322 on: September 07, 2024, 08:56:09 pm »
There you go.
A person may do that couple times, then it becomes a bother.

Offline J-R

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3323 on: September 07, 2024, 09:07:50 pm »
There you go.
A person may do that couple times, then it becomes a bother.
Seems like you have a lot of spare time, maybe you can upload the files for Estaxe?

Offline Estaxe

• Contributor
« Reply #3324 on: September 07, 2024, 09:14:27 pm »
Many of the links are dead because they expired, which is probably a good thing.

(Sigh) Not for me and my poor 3000T series friend, who is missing his one-time demo licence. I fell so sorry for him, even bought him MSO licence to cheer him up, but he is still so sad :D But seriously - for example, Google Drive link can be set to long-time access, right? And, if i remember correctly, some russian guys posted here links to their local file-sharing service ("Yandex", if i am not mistaken) - i think its link could be set to long-term access, too. Although, it's understandable if people do not want to post links due to legal reasons, i totally get it - if this is the case, i'm really sorry for being needy (but still have a hope for a some good soul, though).

Edit: There is a hope for this world - thank you from the bottom of my heart, a good soul :) I am not sure if it will help my 3000T to feel better (not quite sure, but i suspect A and T series are different), but i definitely ask him shortly, how does he feel.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2024, 09:21:27 pm by Estaxe »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf