Author Topic: R&S FSP Spectrum Analyzer Win XP SP2?  (Read 9454 times)

Offline dagema

• Contributor
Re: R&S FSP Spectrum Analyzer Win XP SP2?
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2020, 09:20:15 pm »
Thanks, but I am still unable to mount the iso on Windows - ". . . insure the media uses a format which is recognized by Windows."

What program did you use to create the iso? I am still having problems installing macOS in VirtualBox (installation process keeps rebooting without installing). |O

Thanks

UPDATE -  I found an interesting link which suggested an "accident solution": if I use 7zip I can unzip the .iso file, which results in the 3 files 0.ntfs, 1.ntfs and 2.ntfs, obviously reflecting the 3 original partitions. Next, again using 7zip I can unzip the 3 .ntfs files and get as a result the original directory structure of each partition and all the files. So I should now be able to set up partitions on the new disk and copy the corresponding directories into them.  Hopefully, I will then be able to get the disk to boot. :phew:
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 06:33:46 pm by dagema »

Offline ivayloTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2020, 06:44:03 pm »
OK, this is what I had a friend do:
  • download my iso file
  • write it on a flash drive using https://rufus.ie/ which creates a bootable flash drive
  • boot on an older PC from there
  • we see the attached screen (did not boot to the end)
Can you reach this point? Friend also says to put on actual HDD he'd use - https://www.macrium.com/reflectfree
If this doesn't work I'll try and recreate the iso...

Offline dagema

• Contributor
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2020, 07:41:39 pm »
Yes, I also got that far, installing the hard disk into an old Acer Laptop. When I make either selection I get a blue screen error. I did not bother searching on the error code because I assumed it had to do with loading onto the wrong hardware.  When I install the hard disk into the FSP it is not recognized by BIOS. I tried using both hard disk and PATA SSD drive, but neither are recognized by BIOS. I am beginning to suspect a defective cable (or worse, defective IDE interface), although the old click of death drive gets recognized by BIOS, it just cannot boot.  I have ordered new cables and have to wait for them to arrive. :-BROKE Oh yeah, I also tried wiring the 40pins of the 44pin cable to a CD-Rom drive, and the BIOS recognized it and I can start the XP installation process with it, but I could not find any good 40pin IDE hard drives laying around that I could use to test. Not sure, but hard drives might use the IDE interface differently than CD-Rom drives, so the cable and/or interface are still suspect.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 07:50:10 pm by dagema »

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2020, 04:30:09 am »
BIOS not recognizing the disks is weird. Write here if it turns out the culprit is the iso...

Offline dagema

• Contributor
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2020, 11:35:06 am »
Which one exactly? There are two variants of the FSP, the older one using a Pentium3/Celeron (FMR6) running Windows NT 4 (model no 1064.4495.xx) and the later variant (1164.4391.xx, has a front panel which has 'FSP' on the side left of the screen) coming with a Pentium-M/Celeron (FMR7) running Windows XP Embedded. The older variant can apparently be upgraded to running XP but this comes with a few problems and isn't recommended.

Please help if you can. I have an FSP30 with product number 1093.4495.39. The CPU board inside is marked FMR5P.9368.063/4. Since the product number is xxxx.4495.xx and the FMR5 is lower than FMR6, does that mean that I should have Windows NT4 on the disk (disk is unrepairably broken). I received an image of the XP version from ivaylo but am having difficulties loading it.

Thank your for any help.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2020, 04:54:55 am »
You probably already did, but if you read his status it says to PM him directly.

The following users thanked this post: dagema

Offline linkus

« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2020, 03:28:01 pm »
Hello,
I have an analyzer R & s FSP3 with FMR6 board. unfortunately the HDD broke and I don't have a backup of the data. The analyzer was Win XP SP2. I wanted
request a link to download the Image disk, the link to google drive is already unfunctional.

Thank you for any help.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2020, 04:51:08 am »
Yup, took it down. Not sure where to keep a 30GB file where it doesn’t cost me monthly. Any recommendations?

Offline linkus

« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2020, 07:04:12 pm »
Data can be uploaded free of charge, for example, at [www.uloz.to]  and a download link can be placed here

Offline KE5FX

• Super Contributor
    • KE5FX.COM
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2020, 11:22:46 am »
Try www.ko4bb.com if you don't mind posting it publicly.  Didier has lots of space.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2020, 01:36:29 am »
Data can be uploaded free of charge, for example, at [www.uloz.to]  and a download link can be placed here
It looks like it starts uploading, but then after a few minutes it tells me it failed (see attached).

Try www.ko4bb.com if you don't mind posting it publicly.  Didier has lots of space.
I don't see an upload option there, do I have to talk to someone or something?

Offline KE5FX

• Super Contributor
    • KE5FX.COM
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2020, 04:15:41 am »
I don't see an upload option there, do I have to talk to someone or something?

That doesn't look like ko4bb.com.  Try this link for instructions?

Offline linkus

« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2020, 09:33:00 am »
Hello,

I'm sorry, but now I found out that it is possible to save only 2GB on uloz.to for free, that's why you can't load 30GB. Try www.ko4bb.com, as suggested by KE5FX, it should be no problem there.

Thank you very much

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2020, 12:18:58 am »
OK, uploaded to ko4bb.com. This is the message I got:
Rohde__Schwarz_FSP_A_complete_image_of_the_instruments_hard_drive._EPROM-RohdeSchwarzFSP.iso.zip
of size 1221684488 bytes
was uploaded successfully!
Thank you for your contribution.
Your file is in temporary storage in the Recent Uploads folder and is not yet available for download.
Your file will be moved to the regular Manuals directory after verification.
The upload form does not allow .iso extension so I zip-ed it. Folks had problems with my zip files before (see thread above), let's see if this works. I'll post a link when it becomes downloadable and then fingers crossed the zip and the iso itself are good...

The following users thanked this post: KE5FX

Offline linkus

« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2020, 03:30:01 pm »
Hello
I want to thank ivaylo for uploading to ko4bb, but it seems that it was not the fastest way, because somehow nothing is happening and the file still cannot be downloaded and is located somewhere on the server. I would therefore have one more idea. Because after compression the file has a size of 1.22GB (<2GB), it would be possible to upload it to www.ulozto.net/sem , where it will be available to download immediately after publishing the link here on the forum. If possible, thank you.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2020, 04:42:19 am »
Oh, I’m an idiot, I do have 1.2 GB on gdrive. Will get to it tomorrow.

• Frequent Contributor

The following users thanked this post: KE5FX

Offline linkus

« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2020, 06:39:11 pm »
Thanks for upload. Have a nice day

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2020, 04:20:00 am »
So two types of problems folks had with that image:
 - bad zip, this time I did it differently
 - can’t mount iso (or similar, read thread above)
Write here if any of those happens.

Offline g7kbr67

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2022, 01:18:54 pm »
Hi

I know this is an old message, but I am trying to get hold of a build or image for the FSP40?

Can you share this again?

Regards

Paul

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf