Author Topic: DreamSourceLab DSTouch / DS4T1012 / DS4T1012  (Read 1667 times)

Online Aldo22Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
DreamSourceLab DSTouch / DS4T1012 / DS4T1012
« on: December 07, 2023, 02:27:28 pm »
I'm a little astonished that there is no thread about the DSTouch on EEVblog.
The pocket 150Mhz touch scope is quite interesting, isn't it?

https://www.dreamsourcelab.com/product/dstouch-series/
https://www.aliexpress.com/i/4000454483213.html

« Last Edit: December 07, 2023, 03:29:04 pm by Aldo22 »

Offline RAPo

• Frequent Contributor
Re: DreamSourceLab DSTouch / DS4T1012 / DS4T1012
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2023, 04:02:39 pm »
I've got the DS4T1012, a really fine instrument. Together with their LA (DSLogicU3Pro16) a very nice portable set for work in the field.
Beware the DS4T1012 *cannot* connect with DSView.

The following users thanked this post: Aldo22, AceyTech

Offline ceut

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2024, 11:45:24 am »
Hello,
I'm looking for buying a DSTouch too, and I'm also a little suprised that there is no more information about DreamSourceLab products in Eevblog.

So I decide to write them to have some informations, after viewing the great Kerry Wong youtube review.

I have some good news to share, thanks to their support team(+ agreement) :-+

=>New products are coming this year !  :clap:

>In june: A new lower cost DSOTouch will come out, with a bandwidth of 50Mhz.
>Later this year: new higher-end DSOTouch will come out.

And they will have Intensity Grading ! (either when they will come out, or later with FW update)
Also, they have fixed the pulse problem that Kerry Wong has reported to them.

They also told me that they will not do much marketing promotion on them, because they are actually working on them, and they prefer that users spread the word.
About Eevblog, they told me "We truly appreciate and value the recognition from this group of users": it is great to read that  :)

So, I'm waiting for these new portable DSO, and I will buy one of them, intensity grading is the thing that I was waiting on a portable DSO :-+   (not speaking about FNIRSI dpox180h not-finished-product :palm:)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2024, 11:53:00 am by ceut »

Offline theoldwizard1

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2024, 01:24:17 pm »
=>New products are coming this year !  :clap:

>In june: A new lower cost DSOTouch will come out, with a bandwidth of 50Mhz.
>Later this year: new higher-end DSOTouch will come out.
Any further rumors on the high end version ?
  • 4 channels ?
  • Larger display/higher resolution ?
  • More samples/second and more storage are ALWAYS nice !
« Last Edit: June 22, 2024, 01:26:20 pm by theoldwizard1 »

Offline theoldwizard1

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2024, 01:55:40 pm »
Looks like the low end version is available through AliExpress.  Clearly aimed at the Miniware DS212 !

DST212

I found this description on eBay DS4T212 70M/200MSa/s/2Mpts Portable Digital Oscilloscope Signal Generator

DS4T212 70M/200MSa/s/2Mpts Digital Oscilloscope Signal Generator Portable Handheld Oscilloscope

FPGA and DRAM:
- Its core consists of a powerful FPGA hardware waveform processing engine and DRAM memory, rather than an MCU-basedsoftware implementation. DRAM and FPGA is essential for high frame rates and smooth waveforms.
Ultra-high Waveform Refresh Rate:
- Its real-time performance is better than that of ordinary MCU solutions.
- DS4T212: The maximum acquisition time at 200M sampling rate can reach 10ms+60Hz screen refresh rate. The total waveformwindow time in 1 second is 10ms*60=600ms.
Bandwidth and Sampling Rate:
- Taking the DS4T212 as an example, with a bandwidth of 70M and a swept sine signal of 0-100M, the entire frequency range canbe displayed normally, and the amplitude drops smoothly. With a bandwidth of 70M, it can still trigger and display a sine wavesignal of 92M stably. But at -3db, its bandwidth is still only 70M. Our oscilloscope labels true real-time sample rates, not equivalentsample rates. The oscilloscope provides a variety of interpolation methods to perfectly restore high-frequency square waves.
Storage Depth:
DS4T212 can acquire 300Hz amplitude-modulated 10M sine wave signals. Its storage depth is as high as 2Mpts, which is more thanthe depth of some desktop oscilloscopes. It also maintains the same storage depth at full horizontal resolution. The signal acquiredwith our oscilloscope can be scaled up and down at any time after stopping, perfectly reproducing the waveform you want.
Accuracy and Noise:
- The original high-precision oscillator (for EPSON) with low temperature drift and hardware real-time frequency measurement are
used. High-precision frequency display with three decimal places reserved
- DC/DC power supply ripple analysis: measured millivolt level of weak signals, support 20M bandwidth limit. Tool for power supply
ripple measurement
- It has a minimum vertical sensitivity of 10mV/div and less background noise
- Withstand voltage of BNC input terminal ± 200V
- When used with a X100 high-voltage probe, the oscilloscope can measure signals of ±2000V. When measuring high voltage,please pay attention to grounding. The high-voltage probe should be purchased separately.
Touch Screen to Operate:
- The oscilloscope is designed with a complete set of "single finger touch" operation. All functions are simplified into 1-3 steps oftouch and swipe, so users can use the buttons and menu easily.
- With 2 taps, you can add/remove a measurement option. 20 automatic measurement options available.
- The horizontal resolution supports single-finger swipe adjustment of the entire waveform area. At the same time, the roller areacan be quickly adjusted by dragging and dropping.
- Extensive channel control options are available vertically, with wheel adjustment. Support quick adjustment by dragging and
dropping.
- It supports storage and on-boarding in 9 configurations. In order to adapt to different measurement scenarios, users can switch
configurations with one click.
More Functions:
- X-axis/Y-axis curved cursor
- Lissajous figure in X-Y mode
- Afterglow display
- Signal generator
- File feature
Industrial Design:
- Pock-sized high-performance oscilloscope
- Size: 117 x 77mm/4.6 x 3" (excluding the size of knobs)
- Integrated soft rubber wrapping and hard plastic support shell. The four corners of the equipment prevent collision
- Anti-wear protection strip for the front screen
- Built-in bracket for different elevation angle support
- Fanless: say goodbye to noise
- Long endurance time: with built-in high-capacity lithium battery, it can work for 6 hours. Support sleep mode when there is nooperation
Technical Parameters:
Horizontal System:
- Real-time sampling rate: 200MSa/s
- Equivalent sampling rate: 1GSa/s
- Maximum acquisition time at the highest sampling rate: 10ms
- Time base range: 5ns/Div-10s/Div- Storage depth: 1Mpts (dual channel); 2Mpts (single channel)Vertical System:- Bandwidth: 70MHz- Input coupling: DC or AC
- Input impedance: 1MΩ//~16pF
- Vertical sensitivity: 10mV/Div to 5V/Div
- Vertical resolution: 8bits
- Input withstand voltage range: peaks ≤ 250V
- DC accuracy: ±4%
- Vertical position: ±5 divisions
- Vertical offset: ±5 divisions ±100mV to ±50V/Div
- Common-mode rejection ratio: none
- Channel isolation: noneTrigger System:
- Trigger mode: Automatic Normal (ch0 and ch1)
- Trigger position: 0%~100% sampling depth
- Hold-off range: 0~1s
- Trigger Type: Edge (rising or falling)
- Trigger sensitivity: 0~0.625 grids
- Trigger level range: +4.4 grids
Waveform Measurement:
- Cursor: Y-axis and X-axis cursor
- Manual measurement: width/frequency/period/voltage amplitude
- Automatic measurement: frequency/period/+duty cycle/-duty cycle/+pulse number rising edge/falling edge/+pulse width/-pulse
width/burst pulse width/amplitude/high level/low level /rms/average/peak-to-peak/maximum/minimum/+overshoot/-overshoot
Waveform Display:
- Time-domain waveforms: Real-time waveform acquired in a single shot (high frame rate hardware processing engine)
- X-Y mode: Lissajous figure
Signal Generation:
- Waveform type: sine/square/triangle/sawtooth wave
- Waveform frequency: 0-100KHz
- Square wave duty cycle: 10%-90%
- Waveform amplitude: 0-3V (min Vpp=0.5V)
Extended Interface:
- Mini-HDMI: Extends acquisition based on other sensors
- BNC: Extended Current/Differential Probes
« Last Edit: June 22, 2024, 02:07:17 pm by theoldwizard1 »

Offline AceyTech

• Regular Contributor
Re: DreamSourceLab DSTouch / DS4T1012 / DS4T212
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2024, 11:38:14 pm »
Looks like the low end version is available through AliExpress.  Clearly aimed at the Miniware DS212 !

DST212

I found this description on eBay DS4T212 70M/200MSa/s/2Mpts Portable Digital Oscilloscope Signal Generator

DS4T212 70M/200MSa/s/2Mpts Digital Oscilloscope Signal Generator Portable Handheld Oscilloscope

Sorry to barge in, but the DS4T212 is one of their existing scope offerings. 
2295931-0
It's been perpetually out of stock since I found them last winter. maybe in anticipation of the new low end model?
The new 50Mhz DStouch isn't out in the public yet.  :-DMM

Warning: there have been some reports of unauthorized clones of their scopes out in the wild, so I would advise against ordering from anyone but DreamSourceLab or an official channel.

Offline TomKatt

• Frequent Contributor
Re: DreamSourceLab DSTouch / DS4T1012 / DS4T212
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2024, 12:10:45 am »
Warning: there have been some reports of unauthorized clones of their scopes out in the wild, so I would advise against ordering from anyone but DreamSourceLab or an official channel.
For some reason I feel like their original logic analyzer has been cloned on various markets for many years now.  I’m also suspicious of several low price DSlogic Plus models - they don’t ‘feel’ authentic.  Probably a hazard of Chinese manufacturing organizations and how they seem to ‘share’ a lot between them…

Of course, one could argue Karma is a factor (the whole Sigrok thing) lol…. But I digress - I have a DSlogic Plus LA I bought direct and have been very satisfied with it.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2024, 12:15:02 am by TomKatt »
Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a PIC

The following users thanked this post: AceyTech

Offline ceut

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 02:26:13 pm »
A little update after receiving some news from DreamSourceLab great support.

=>The new "lower" model has just came out  :-+

50Mhz Bandwitdh, vertical resolution of 1mV/DIV and ultra-low background noise in the μV range.
It also includes FFT and real-time decoding functions.
https://www.dreamsourcelab.com/shop/oscilloscope/dstouch-ds4t252/

I have one on the way, and post a little unboxing/review after receiving it ;)

Also, as I can understand from their PDF: it is the same as the 2 previous model, so I think it will be a real bang for buck product  8)

Not a single portable DSO at this price point has all these features, including a real FPGA and DRAM inside  ;)

The firmware is also the same, and for those who have one, a new "final" v1.00 version from May is here:
https://www.dreamsourcelab.com/download/
(=>Scroll down to see the changelog, on the right you will see the blue part for the DSTouch)

(the previous 0.99t one was in beta-state)
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 02:31:56 pm by ceut »

The following users thanked this post: thm_w, RAPo

Offline 0xdeadbeef

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: Today at 03:54:48 pm »
These seem to be pretty neat pocket scopes but having no proper PC connection is a weird decision. Maybe they wanted to protect their DSCope range which isn't really appealing to me.
I'd hope they reconsider this at some point...
Trying is the first step towards failure - Homer J. Simpson

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf