Author Topic: Direct comparison aspects on Siglent SDS2000X Plus vs. SDS1000X HD  (Read 1102 times)

KungFuJosh, gf, DaneLaw and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online ebastler

• Super Contributor
The 7" SDS800X HD display is not wide enough to accomodate all the UI features of its bigger display brothers so MATH is assigned to the front panel and not in the dropdown menus, however the web UI permits just opening another channel with the OSD + allows us to dedicate MATH to the new channel.

Oh -- so even the regular small font is a bit larger (more pixels per character) on the 800X HD to improve readability. I had never realized; thanks for the screenshot comparison.

The following users thanked this post: egonotto, tautech

Online DaneLaw

• Frequent Contributor
Btw: Since the HDMI out was one of my pro arguments towards the MSO5k back then....I really experience the remote LAN view of the Siglent as being very laggy being viewed side by side to the unit's display....is that normal (only tested the 1KXHD) ?

This brief video-clip gives an idea of what other users are obtaining on their Siglent live-web-input, at least back in marts 2024.
(Credit skander36 SDS1204X HD).
« Last Edit: Today at 10:37:19 am by DaneLaw »

The following users thanked this post: egonotto, artur0089

Online TomKatt

• Frequent Contributor
Btw: Since the HDMI out was one of my pro arguments towards the MSO5k back then....I really experience the remote LAN view of the Siglent as being very laggy being viewed side by side to the unit's display....is that normal (only tested the 1KXHD) ?

This brief video-clip gives an idea of what other users are obtaining on their Siglent live-web-input, at least back in marts 2024.

If anything will demonstrate the differences in frame rate between the scope display and remote web display, it will surely be roll mode. 

There's two things to consider: lag, and frame rate. For me, there was almost no lag when I had the SDS2504X+ connected via ethernet. However, the frame rate is only something like 15fps, which can feel like lag, but it is not.
Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a PICt

The following users thanked this post: egonotto, KungFuJosh

Offline Uli AuerTopic starter

• Contributor
Here the whole web display is indeed very laggy - now tested on Chrome browser instead of Firefox - which is identical....

The following users thanked this post: artur0089

Online ebastler

• Super Contributor
There is another video on that same channel which demonstrates a more typical use case -- a signal with glitches, shown in regular sweep mode. Compared to a Rigol DHO's web interface, the frame rate that Siglent can display in the web broswer is not impressive.

I have been happy enough with my SDS800X HD's web interface. I have used it frequently to take screenshots, and sometimes to take a peek at a long-term measurement without leaving the sofa. But I would not use it as my main user interface at the bench (to get a larger screen without a dedicated video output).

• Contributor
And yes, indeed also roll mode is not usable on the web gui...

• Contributor
I would not use it as my main user interface at the bench (to get a larger screen without a dedicated video output).

YES. Exactly - that's why I'm rather getting the 10" screen (for "on the bench" use) with the S1000X HD....

The following users thanked this post: artur0089

• Contributor
I think somebody should do a hardware hack for implementing a HDMI out on the Siglent scopes....;-))))

Dave?  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf