Author Topic: DHO900: can not enable wifi  (Read 399 times)

Offline BasilisvirusTopic starter

DHO900: can not enable wifi
« on: August 22, 2024, 07:52:44 am »
I try to make my Rigol924S connect to the WiFi using usb wifi adapter and a keyboard.
I have managed to connect the oscilloscope to the wifi at the past, but now that I removed and plugged the wifi adapter again, I cannot.

The issue is, when I open up the android interface, I cannot enable the wifi. It looks like its always disabled. If I click on "on/off" on the wifi signal it very quickly turns on/off, the moment I press it. It wont stay on.
2346691-0
2346695-1

How can I enable the wifi again?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2024, 10:10:24 am by Basilisvirus »

Offline norbert.kiszka

• Frequent Contributor
Re: DHO900: can not enable wifi
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2024, 12:03:21 pm »
Did You try to turn it off and on again? Really, that works in this case. This is Android, not an normal Linux distro :/ So best idea will be to use USB hub and have wifi card/adapter/dongle connected all the time.

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2024, 12:25:29 pm »
I tried that. And I just tried it again.
USB of the wifi dongle and keyboard get recognised as the oscilloscope powers up but no difference on the wifi, its still disabled, I cannot enable it.

Offline norbert.kiszka

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2024, 01:06:32 am »
In the scope app it will be always visible as disabled. You need to use Android settings. Also check lsmod if module is loaded automatically - If not, Your exact card most likely will not work.

Rigol promised to comply with GPL licence, byt they didn't (I tried to e-mail them many times - no answer). So You can't compile other modules (drivers). For wifi cards we have binary only and only one module. That's the reason I want to say bye bye to the Rigol products.

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2024, 10:08:57 am »
I will see what I can do and how can I run commands on there...

The Wifi as far as I know should not show "disabled" state by default. See picture below, taken from this youtube video:

Another solution would be to reset the android os, if this can be done, I see there is a system reset option in the android settings, dont know what happens if I click that.

Offline norbert.kiszka

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2024, 11:18:00 pm »
Another solution would be to reset the android os, if this can be done, I see there is a system reset option in the android settings, dont know what happens if I click that.

IMHO very bad idea. If (this only one) module is not automatically loaded and manual loading (modprobe or insmod) does nothing, then we know about two possibilities: usb is not working properly (cold joint, etc) or this usb wifi card is not supported in this module. Linux kernel has drivers for almost anything, but You have to compile it, but we don't have source code - because Rigol gives sh*t about comply with GPL licence as I said previously - they don't have any reason to not give us those sources (app is a separate thing because it works in a userspace).

We can send 100 emails to Rigol and most likely, again they will do nothing. They don't care about important bugs in scope software or their requirement to send source code for anybody who ask for it.

So buy another usb card or go to another scope brand than sh*tty Rigol.

The following users thanked this post: Basilisvirus

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf