Author Topic: Design a New Precision LCR Tweezers with Much Lower Cost 【Shannon Tweezers ST42】  (Read 129953 times)

Offline KungFuJosh

• Super Contributor
  • TEAS is real.
That's true, Shannon is awesome.

Still, he might need to tell people not to put the card in the case. 😉
"I installed a skylight in my apartment yesterday... The people who live above me are furious." - Steven Wright

Offline Personwithhats

• Contributor
I mean you get a card why wouldn't I put it in the case :P

Offline KungFuJosh

• Super Contributor
  • TEAS is real.
My tweezers live in the leather case...sticking out of my work bench next to another meter lol.
"I installed a skylight in my apartment yesterday... The people who live above me are furious." - Steven Wright

Offline shapirus

• Super Contributor
What is the reference card, anyway? What are you talking about?

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
What is the reference card, anyway? What are you talking about?
Menu tree card.
It's a necessary reference card until you get to know these a bit.  ;)
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline TomKatt

• Frequent Contributor
Stupid question of the day - I just received my ST42 tweezers and while it seems intelligently laid out, I’ve never used an LCR meter before…. The included documentation only shows the menu structure and doesn’t include any information on how to actually use them or why choose certain options such as frequency.  Is there a good reference somewhere that explains how to best use an LCR meter like these?

Also, is there a suggested calibration routine using the open/short calibration in addition to the autocal option?
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 09:28:55 pm by TomKatt »
Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a PIC

Offline KungFuJosh

• Super Contributor
  • TEAS is real.
Stupid question of the day - I just received my ST42 tweezers and while it seems intelligently laid out, I’ve never used an LCR meter before…. The included documentation only shows the menu structure and doesn’t include any information on how to actually use them or why choose certain options such as frequency.  Is there a good reference somewhere that explains how to best use an LCR meter like these?

Also, is there a suggested calibration routine using the open/short calibration in addition to the autocal option?

Autocal is often good enough by itself, but at least once in a while, or if something seems off, you should do the full open/short cal.

Frequency range depends on what you're measuring. Some things won't work, or not be as accurate in the wrong range. The attached image shows the ranges and relative accuracy for my ST2832. You can use that as a guideline. But I'd probably leave it in 1k most of the time, and adjust when needed. IIRC pressing the joystick up shifts through frequencies (I'm left-handed, it might be different from your position).

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf