Author Topic: Datron 4808 damaged front panel and missing button  (Read 1122 times)

Offline perdrixTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Datron 4808 damaged front panel and missing button
« on: July 09, 2017, 03:59:12 pm »
I recently acquired a fully loaded 4808 which I got onto the bench today (with some assistance).

As you can see the front panel is rather bashed up:

any advice on how best this can be repaired will be most welcome.

It's also missing the calibration key and the cap for the Current switch (with legend "I").

Can anyone help with either of these?

Thanks, Dave
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 04:11:31 pm by perdrix »

Offline ManateeMafia

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Datron 4808 damaged front panel and missing button
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 05:29:12 pm »
Dave,

Mine also came in damaged, but not to that extent. I lost all the buttons off of the front but they were easily reinistalled. There are two that were already missing. I have cracks at the corners of the front cover. I have considered a good plastic epoxy like JB Weld plastic bonder. It may not work well in the cracks but I have used it to repair a broken knob. I built up the area around the cracks and a small amount of superglue to hold the broken pieces together. My concern with the front cover was that the superglue could form a haze over the bezel so some painters tape probably would need to be added.

There isn't a lot of room in the corners due to the way it fits over the top/bottom covers.

I have a key for mine. It isn't original but a mistake that didn't fit my 4700. It turns just fine in the 4808 so no money was lost. If you need a key made, let me know. It is different than the one used in my 1281.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf