Author Topic: R&S FSH6 Calibration  (Read 318 times)

Offline zittTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
    • Pinball-Mods.com
R&S FSH6 Calibration
« on: May 09, 2023, 03:05:15 am »
I just bought a "bargain basement" FSH6 to use on my bench. I've been actually watching for a "deal" on a Rigol SSA... but this deal kinda fell in my lap.

The unit had a broken front plastic bezel which I'm trying to get a spare part from R&S. Other than that; the listing said:
Powers On and works except it fails frequency response around 4.1-4.5 GHz  displaying a signal that is approximately 1.5 dB low.
I don't think I have a signal gen that will operate anywhere near that frequency.

Does anyone have some experience they can share for this noob? Since the unit doesn't have a tracking generator; is there anything I can do in my home lab to repeat the test to verify it is indeed low?

Extra Credit: Can I then fix this frequency error thru calibration? Or will it require a repair?

I have one out of 3-4 "calibation houses" that said:
we’re confident it can be repaired to correct the issue or defect you’ve described
  then quoting an 85/hr and saying most are repaired within 5 hours.  I'm not against paying 425 to have it repaired... but I don't want to give them that kind of cash if this is a simple fix.

Advice?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf