Author Topic: Voltbot?  (Read 962 times)

Offline InjuTopic starter

Voltbot?
« on: July 20, 2020, 03:59:34 am »
Hello all. I'm brand new here and due to the Corona virus I'm stuck at my girlfriends small apartment and wanted to build a super portable electronics lab to make some Eurorack modules. Started watching eevblog on YouTube which lead me here. Got myself a portable oscilliscope, a new digital solder iron and anywho, looking for a super portable bench power supply that goes to -12, 5 and +12 volts, .1 to 2 amps for testing. Was all set to building my own and ran into this strange device on amazon called Voltbot. No reviews on it. Does anyone own one and know anything about it to use as a stable power supply?

Re: Voltbot?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2020, 04:01:51 am »
There's no way this thing can be any good right? I'm looking at the specs and it has 4 channels!

Offline HKJ

• Super Contributor
    • Tests
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2020, 04:45:07 am »
I did review it: https://lygte-info.dk/review/USBpower%20Voltbot%20UK.html

The software may have been improved after my review.

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2020, 02:45:58 pm »
Thank you reading now!

Offline alextwin007

• Contributor
  • Collector of mini test equipment
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2020, 05:01:55 pm »
I've been in a similar situation with regards to a portable power supply when I'm away from my bench.  The solution that I came up with was to get one of the RD DPS3003 modules, the case, some 18650s, and a protection/ charging board.  This gives me a battery operated power supply, that does up to 2 amps and 18V.   
Having a test equipment addiction is difficult when you don't have a lot of room.  The solution, only collect small adorable test equipment.

Looking for a tek 1401 / 1401A, if you have one message me

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf