Author Topic: Tektronix MDO4000C Bandwidth Upgrade process  (Read 1420 times)

Offline suppermanTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Tektronix MDO4000C Bandwidth Upgrade process
« on: December 22, 2019, 07:20:59 am »
Sorry guys if I am incorrectly starting a new thread.. but I'm rather sure I read through everything on the MDOs and there is very little information on the 4k series - at least in one place.

I see that some people have had some success using MDO3000 type key-gen software on the 4000c and some have not. and I have seen screenshots of 1GHz pulses on 4024Cs.. And now I think I'm imagining things.. but I thought there is no hardware difference between the 200mhz model and the 1ghz model.. yet Tek requires the instrument to be sent in for all bandwidth changes.

Can someone let me know if a MDO4024C can be turned into an MDO4104C without hardware changes using the key-gen system? What firmware works / does not work (downgrade needed?). Is it really the same as the MDO3k? What are the differences?

Many thanks!

Offline darkstar49

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Tektronix MDO4000C Bandwidth Upgrade process
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2020, 01:45:45 pm »
Sorry guys if I am incorrectly starting a new thread.. but I'm rather sure I read through everything on the MDOs and there is very little information on the 4k series - at least in one place.

I see that some people have had some success using MDO3000 type key-gen software on the 4000c and some have not. and I have seen screenshots of 1GHz pulses on 4024Cs.. And now I think I'm imagining things.. but I thought there is no hardware difference between the 200mhz model and the 1ghz model.. yet Tek requires the instrument to be sent in for all bandwidth changes.

Can someone let me know if a MDO4024C can be turned into an MDO4104C without hardware changes using the key-gen system? What firmware works / does not work (downgrade needed?). Is it really the same as the MDO3k? What are the differences?

Many thanks!

there's no black & white answer to that question... cf. below:

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/someone-has-hacked-mdo4000c/msg1464991/#msg1464991

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf