Author Topic: Cheap multimeters with a PC connection  (Read 6174 times)

Offline TomerPTopic starter

Cheap multimeters with a PC connection
« on: June 18, 2016, 12:47:12 pm »
Hello guys,

I'm looking to buy 2 multimeters with a PC connection (Serial/USB/whatever) that would be as cheap as possible, as all I need to do is read voltage and current.

Any advice?

Offline HK3R

Re: Cheap multimeters with a PC connection
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2016, 03:11:41 pm »
I have been looking at this one HYELEC MS8236, a rebranded exact version was just reviewed by SteveyG here:

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/mustool-mt826-6000-count-digital-multimeter/

Protections are scarce, continuity test seems slow, I found a Russian review site that was able to use the data logging basic SW, this particular model is not yet supported by sigrok.org but is on plan.

Not sure if include the link to the Russian site will break any rule so if you want it just PM me.

The other option that came to my mind is the UT61E, much better accuracy, same bad protection, some loves it some don´t.

I´m actually also looking for a cheap data logging DMM, just for bench work, I was inclined toward the UT61E but seems like it drift a lot within time, not sure if the latest revisions fixed the issue.

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2016, 04:11:10 pm »
I am not sure how easy it would be to get these in Greece (eBay perhaps?) but reasonably built multimeters with PC connectivity are the RadioShack 2200039 (4000 counts) and 2200087 (6000 counts) - you either would get them NOS or used. A while ago I did a review on them in my blog (link in my signature, but it is in portuguese).

Otherwise, as mentioned above the UT-61E variants seems to get some love (and hate too) around. :)
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

The following users thanked this post: HK3R

Offline SkyMaster

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2016, 04:14:32 pm »
Hello guys,

I'm looking to buy 2 multimeters with a PC connection (Serial/USB/whatever) that would be as cheap as possible, as all I need to do is read voltage and current.

Any advice?

Digitek DT-4000ZC Data Logging Multimeter
$38.99 US, free shipping

Sold by iloveelectronic, who is a member here.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Digitek-DT-4000ZC-TekPower-TP4000ZC-Data-Logging-Multimeter-with-Temperature-/200912705694?var=&hash=item2ec754989e:m:mcJBleKfbRy9NFe7RTlR8Rg

Offline stevenhoneyman

• Regular Contributor

Offline retiredcaps

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2016, 04:25:45 pm »
Digitek DT-4000ZC Data Logging Multimeter
Reviewed by Martin.  Part 2 has the logging feature.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf