Author Topic: HP/Agilent 548xx - Adding a touch screen to oscilloscope  (Read 117 times)

ElBartoME and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online ElBartoMETopic starter

Hey everybody,

I recently acquired an Agilent 54825A for cheap as it was deemed broken. It turned out to be an empty CMOS battery. I took that opportunity and upgraded the hardware to a Pentium 3 with 1 GHz and 256MB RAM by swapping the mainboard. I also exchanged the hard drive with a CF-card and updated from Windows 98 FE to Windows 98 SE.

I'm pretty happy with the scope but I was always missing a touch screen, as using the scope without a mouse was cumbersome. I went for the hunt for something suitable and I was able to find something.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33061294663.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2deu

You can find his touch module on many different sites. I personally bought it via Amazon Germany and it got delivered to me for 35€ in 2 days. Unfortunately it didn't come with any drivers as was stated in the description but I was able to dig up Windows 98 drivers which were working. You can download them from here: https://www.tvielectronics.com/ocart/slt-tp05-usb

They also have Windows XP drivers so it can be used with 5483x models as well.

The touch module fits PERFECTLY. You have to disassemble the front of the scope (refer to the service manual on how to do that). Remove the screen and the glas in front of it. Put the touch module down and align it. You can then put the glas on top of that and then assemble the screen. Put everything back, connect the module via USB to either an internal USB header or the back USB ports and install the drivers.

Go through the calibration routine and that's it. Now you have an  old 548xx oscilloscope with a touch screen. Enjoy a lot of fingerprints on the screen from now.  ;D

I just have to figure out how I can use an onscreen keyboard with Windows 98.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 01:36:34 pm by ElBartoME »

The following users thanked this post: Roehrenonkel

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf