Author Topic: Broken JYE Tech DSO150  (Read 1261 times)

Offline YurkshireLadTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Broken JYE Tech DSO150
« on: November 21, 2021, 08:25:15 pm »
I bought one those little JYE Tech DSO150s not that long ago. I know, I know. But I'm a beginner and for my basic audio needs I think it's a perfect little piece of kit. Anyway, I was using it this afternoon and it started showing really weird values. I was trying to measure a 4.5V bias input, but the DO150 was showing me -50V. I verified that the bias really was 4.5V using my multimeter. If I try to read the 9V from my power supply, it acts like it's reading a changing AC current and the duty cycle races up from 50% to 100%. It's really weird.

I tried taking it apart but whoever built it, wedged it all together in the case really tightly. I didn't want to accidentally destroy it by taking it apart, it as I was frustrated, so I'll try again another day. I'll try to see if anything obvious is burnt out inside.

No idea what I did to break it, but likely I did something stupid. But that's really annoying.  :palm:

Offline bob91343

• Super Contributor
Re: Broken JYE Tech DSO150
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2021, 11:56:08 pm »
It doesn't look too complicated.

https://jyetech.com/dso-150-shell-oscilloscope/

Or read assembly instructions at the bottom here:
http://www.jyetech.com/Products/LcdScope/UserManual_Shell_new.pdf

The following users thanked this post: YurkshireLad

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2021, 12:03:16 am »
I fiddled with it again and it was working, so I don't know if it's the probe or the DSO150. It's really weird.

Offline Algoma

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2021, 12:34:31 am »
I would most likely suspect the interconnect between the Front end and the processor board. If you look at the diagrams, there are plenty control signals for the front end's analog switches from the CPU. Its easy to get a bad connection through there with a bit of rough handling. Simply reseating the connection would fix it.  (Or a bit of percussive maintenance)

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2021, 12:42:43 am »
I would most likely suspect the interconnect between the Front end and the processor board. If you look at the diagrams, there are plenty control signals for the front end's analog switches from the CPU. Its easy to get a bad connection through there with a bit of rough handling. Simply reseating the connection would fix it.  (Or a bit of percussive maintenance)

Ah, that's a good point.

Offline Peabody

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2021, 04:18:09 pm »
And don't be sheepish about using a DSO150.  I have one too, and have found it to be very useful for a lot of things.  It's even more useful if you convert it to battery power so nothing is referenced to earth ground.

By the way, they now have a 2-channel version called the Wave2.  :-)

Online pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2021, 05:49:05 pm »
By the way, they now have a 2-channel version called the Wave2.  :-)

Which, to my opinion is to expensive for what you get. The display flickers and the buttons feel a bit flacky. The whole construction is nnahh :palm:

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf