Author Topic: Fluke 233 cut off under 20mA  (Read 2293 times)

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
Re: Fluke 233 cut off under 20mA
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2023, 06:52:46 am »
That's just Fluke protecting their 87V cash-cow. They're certainly not competitive or innovative any more.
As I pointed out, Brymen does not make a clamp meter with mV either.  So Brymen is "out to make as much money as possible, let's not pretend they're anything else. They're certainly not competitive or innovative any more."  There, I fixed it for you...

Cute, except:
a) Brymen sells their meters at less than half the price of equivalent Flukes and they have more features and higher CAT ratings. Fluke doesn't even make a CAT IV 1000V meter, Brymen does.

b) Brymen's cheapest non-pocket meter doesn't appear to be deliberately crippled in any way. What basic function is missing? It's not TRMS but for less than 60 Euros you get all basic measurement features plus 600V CAT III protection and beep-jack alert. You want TRMS? You can have it for not much more.

c) Brymen doesn't put crappy leads in the box with their flagship meter just to insult you a bit more.

Offline Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2023, 11:17:55 pm »
That's just Fluke protecting their 87V cash-cow. All their other meters are designed around not being a substitute for the 87V, eg. missing mV, missing uA, or whatever.

Hm?
It´s their top-model, only the 287/289 are "above".
So it´s normal when models beyond do not have all the features like the top model.

They're a business and out to make as much money as possible, let's not pretend they're anything else. They're certainly not competitive or innovative any more.

Hm again... :-//

"Comparison is the end of happiness and the beginning of dissatisfaction."
(Kierkegaard)
Siglent SDS800X HD Deep Review

Offline Black Phoenix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2023, 06:56:29 am »
That's just Fluke protecting their 87V cash-cow. All their other meters are designed around not being a substitute for the 87V, eg. missing mV, missing uA, or whatever.

Hm?
It´s their top-model, only the 287/289 are "above".
So it´s normal when models beyond do not have all the features like the top model.

They're a business and out to make as much money as possible, let's not pretend they're anything else. They're certainly not competitive or innovative any more.

Hm again... :-//
Forget it, Fungus have a bone to pick with Fluke of some sort or their users, going by some of his comments in other threads.

Cult followers of the Yellow Bumper meter that can do no wrong.

Myself I use what it suits the job I have in fronr of me, being a UniT, a Brymen or a Zotek.

That's the same as saying that Wiha is best and any Felo, Wera or Klein Tools user is dumb. Similar to the Makita VS Dewalt VS Milwaukee debacle of the power tools.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2023, 07:05:09 am by Black Phoenix »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf