Author Topic: BK Precision 8600 Electronic Load teardown photos/review  (Read 15860 times)

Offline dadlerTopic starter

• Supporter
Re: BK Precision 8600 Electronic Load teardown photos/review
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2015, 08:27:29 pm »
Yesterday I was at the Nuernberg "Sensor and Test" trade show and visited the stand of the ITECH distributor for Germany.
They had the new ITECH DC Load there and it looked exactly like your BKP 8600 load.

The German distributor then claimed, that ITECH is producing the DC Load for BK Precision, but the ITECH version is suppose to be the better one.
Still interesting, that they all look the same!

I bet it has better software!  :-DD

If they make it for BK Precision, I'd sort of expect the hardware to be identical?

Offline dadlerTopic starter

• Supporter
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2015, 10:04:04 pm »
I'd also like to add that after almost two month of sporadic use with the 8600, I am happy with its performance. It works well and is well within its specifications.

The software is still a disappointment and I have gotten used to the cheesy rotary encoder.

So despite my dissatisfaction with the feel/build quality/software, I can recommend this load to someone who needs/wants integrated USB and a warranty. The 8500 is still probably superior in total value, though.

Can't wait to see the pricing on the Itech equivalent of the 8600.

Online Electro Fan

• Super Contributor
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2015, 12:03:17 am »
Yep, it's too bad the encoder and a few other aspects of the 8600 aren't fully tripping your trigger but I think acquiring a DC load will turn out to be a good decision overall.  It's pretty handy to be able to see all 4 units displayed simultaneously and moving across pretty good ranges with pretty good precision and accuracy.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf