Author Topic: Are Voltcraft Oscilloscopes any good? Can not find any tests for the DSO-6104F  (Read 4767 times)

Offline jusacaTopic starter

• Supporter
I want to by a new 4ch scope for our lab and were looking around.

The Voltcraft DSO-6104F seems to be quite interesting for the price point, especially because we can use it with a battery to avoid mains connection during our measurements (we often see noise in sensitive biopotential measurements when the scope is connected to mains).
But unfortunatly I can not find a lot of information or tests about that scope, it seems like there are no tests at all out there about it. Does voltcraft built the scopes themself? Are the scopes typically decent quality for the price point? It makes me uncomfortable that they seem to be not very popular.

A high quality alternative would probably be the Keysight DSOX1204G, but that is double the price and has no battery option. I guess we would additionally need a differential probe then. This brings this to a price region where we really would have to fight with the boss  ;D

Can anybody give some details / experiences to the voltcraft scope? Is it a reasonable choice? Is the software usable? Does anybody know if serial decoding is done in HW or SW?
Or will we regret to go the cheap way with voltcraft?

« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 08:35:14 am by jusaca »

Offline jusacaTopic starter

• Supporter
Ohh it's a Owon. Just watched a review from Dave, the usability is aweful! Ok, I guess you can see what you get for your money ;)

Offline Wuerstchenhund

• Super Contributor
  • Able to drop by occasionally only
Does voltcraft built the scopes themself?

Votlcraft does not make *any* of the test kit it sells. Voltcraft is a trade brand of Conrad Electronik, which just buys cheap stuff and puts its label on.

I'd not touch anything they make for business use.

A high quality alternative would probably be the Keysight DSOX1204G, but that is double the price and has no battery option. I guess we would additionally need a differential probe then. This brings this to a price region where we really would have to fight with the boss  ;D

Bottom of the barrel scopes aren't really something I know a lot of but from my own experience I can recommend the Rigol DS1054z:

https://www.batronix.com/shop/oscilloscopes/Rigol-DS1054Z.html

I bought one just because I was curious what less than $400 buys you as a scope, so I wasn't expecting much as long as it would show wiggly lines. But to my surprise, the scope is really good, very good build quality, and because it's been on the market the firmware is now mature and stable. If you removed the Rigol label then it could easily go through as a big brand scope.

It can be a bit slow sometimes but for the price it's outstanding value.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 10:59:23 am by Wuerstchenhund »

The following users thanked this post: ebastler

Online Fungus

• Super Contributor
If you "Can not find any tests" then that tells you a lot, ie. nobody considers them worth buying.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf