Author Topic: ngscopeclient - Ultimate acquisition software / protocol decoder / debug tool ?  (Read 1830 times)

tautech, Furna, ToThePub and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Antonio90

• Frequent Contributor
Hi Antonio90 ,

The console says something about the scope answering "welcome to SDS824X HD" after asking for an ID.
I think SDS800X HD support as not yet been merged to ngscopeclient (it is in scopehal git repo, but the ngscopeclient sub-module does not point to the latest commit).
You need to either wait for Andrew to update the dependency or to manually checkout master branch of scopehal repo.
This might be the case. Unfortunately I don't really know what I'm doing, just following documentation step by step, so I'll wait.

Offline azonenberg

• Contributor
    • Antikernel Labs
Then the terminal just returns "ERROR: Unknown scope type"

Try again with the latest version on git, should have the 800 series support merged?

The following users thanked this post: 2N3055

Offline Antonio90

• Frequent Contributor

Try again with the latest version on git, should have the 800 series support merged?

Thanks! Compiling now.

EDIT: Compiled and working (on Windows still). Thank you very much Andrew and @fredo_! Will test more tomorrow, it's already 1:45 AM here, and I need sleep. The "filter" section with the block programming interface is just genius BTW, really impressive piece of software.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2024, 11:46:47 pm by Antonio90 »

The following users thanked this post: egonotto, fredo_

Online fredo_Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
it's already 1:45 AM here, and I need sleep..
Same here, time to go to bed!

The following users thanked this post: egonotto

Online Furna

• Regular Contributor
Try

cd build
cmake --build . -j4

Hello,

Thanks it compiles now, but it's taking quite a while.

The "-j4" tells the compiler (ninja) to use 4 cores on your PC.
It is more than probable that your PC has more than 4 cores.
ninja by default uses all your available cores.
In short run "cmake --build ." without the "j" switch.
Please note that cmake in turn runs ninja => just run "ninja" as fredo_ suggested and advised in the yet unpublished doc mentioned by azonenberg

Best regards
egonotto
PS: Now it's ready. But my SDS3000X HD is not recognized correctly via LAN.
ERROR: Unknown scope type

Yup it is merged and seems to work.
I just cloned and compiled from scratch and  Siglent SDS824X HD is recognized ... I didn't try yet to really take a capture.
Wil let you know when I had it tested better.
The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel.

Offline skander36

• Frequent Contributor
Windows version has some sudden closes. Still a lot of work. Maybe the Linux version is more stable.
Anyway a notable and unique approach!

Offline azonenberg

• Contributor
    • Antikernel Labs
Windows version has some sudden closes. Still a lot of work. Maybe the Linux version is more stable.

We're very interested in crash reports as people try on different setups. If you can attach a debugger and get a stack trace of where it died, we can see if that sheds any light on the situation.

Online Furna

• Regular Contributor

We're very interested in crash reports as people try on different setups. If you can attach a debugger and get a stack trace of where it died, we can see if that sheds any light on the situation.

azonenberg, do you have a preferred debugger and/or na example for a debugger command?
I guess something available with MSYS2 (gdb?) can work?
The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel.

Offline skander36

• Frequent Contributor

Maybe I will find some time to setup a debugger, as I don't had to deal until now with MSYS (I'm not a programmer). Usually the message that remains in console are errors of communication with the scopes as in pics attached.
Sometime R&S scope (RTB2002) get stuck while the others works.

Online fredo_Topic starter

• Regular Contributor

Update with link to ngscopeclient Windows Installer

And on popular demand, here is a link to the ngscopeclient Windows installer (zip password is 'ngscopeclient').

/!\ Please be aware that you need a Vulkan compatible GPU/video card to run ngoscopeclient. /!\

09/17/2024 Update (d2a1a2f)
  • Siglent SDS: Support for SDS800X HD, SDS1000X HD, SDS2000X Plus, SDS2000X HD, SDS3000X HD, SDS5000X, SDS6000A/L/Pro, SDS7000A models
  • Rigol DHO: Support for DHO800/900, DHO1000 and DHO4000.
  • Other hardware: see ngscopeclient site for a complete list of supported hardware.

Best,

Fredo.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf