Author Topic: Siglent 3303x review by Marco Reps (and OSMU project anouncment)  (Read 4348 times)

Offline Cliff MatthewsTopic starter

• Supporter
    • General Repair and Support
Packs a lot in <6 minutes. Starts with his older HP 6428B's features, forays into his new Siglent with rerouted internal cable management and no rust (as per Dave), and finishes-off soliciting ideas for a novel idea:

A waveform controlled, programmable 4-quadrant, 3-channel, ah... power supply? But then he calls it an Open-Source Measurement Unit  :-//  looks well beyond me.. but I thought I'd share it for those not viewing his channel.   

https://youtu.be/H-BiphMqp5g

The following users thanked this post: tautech, baltersice

Offline BillB

• Supporter
Re: Siglent 3303x review by Marco Reps (and OSMU project anouncment)
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2018, 01:50:21 pm »
I like the way he thinks!  I'd buy an OSMU.

Offline nidlaX

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2018, 10:00:33 pm »
We need a firmware dump of the 3303X so we can flash the 3303D and S models with the enhanced GUI.

Offline baltersice

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2018, 10:40:31 pm »
I have a few of those Chinese ST-LINK V2 sticks, can I get the STM32s firmware with that?

Offline nidlaX

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2018, 04:14:22 am »
I have a few of those Chinese ST-LINK V2 sticks, can I get the STM32s firmware with that?
Not sure, and my statement is really just a hunch, but the hardware from the X teardown looks pretty much identical to my D. Unfortunately, they changed the firmware upgrade process and the X series now has some encrypted firmware. The file structure is similar to their X series scope's, so a soft hack should be possible, but not as simple as the D to S change with a one byte edit in a hex editor.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf