Author Topic: Marconi - IFR 2024 Repair - Error 1 Checksum Error  (Read 1154 times)

Offline AJ3GTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Marconi - IFR 2024 Repair - Error 1 Checksum Error
« on: November 22, 2021, 12:44:59 am »
All:

For the past couple of months, I have been scrounging around online to find parts to fix a Marconi 2024. Finally got the keypad repaired, and a screen that works. I just swapped the main control board, because it was apparent that someone had been working on it, and had damaged the board beyond reasonable repair.

Upon Boot I do get ERROR 1 - CHECKSUM ERROR. I understand from the manual this is likely because I need to enter the Serial Number into memory. I have access to level I, and Level II passwords (I believe level II is "Super User"). My understanding from the Service manual is the 2024's Serial Number must be set and stored before anything else is can be accomplished. I see that the Serial Number is set to "0" under UTIL 61, which is a problem. No matter what I do in UTIL 61; I am unable to enter a serial number.

Can anyone point me in the right direction here? I am looking at both the service and operations manual, and all I can see is a note that it is imperative for this serial number to be entered and stored before I can move forward with further operation or calibration of this signal generator.

Rich

Offline TheBay

• Supporter
Re: Marconi - IFR 2024 Repair - Error 1 Checksum Error
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2021, 10:15:28 am »
It might be worth joining the Marconi Group on Groups.io
https://groups.io/g/Marconi-Test-Instruments/

The following users thanked this post: AJ3G

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2021, 01:02:21 pm »
Hi:

I just posted over there. Thanks for the referral! They have some sage knowledge about these generators that one would not know from simply reading the operator and service manual. Wish I would have found them sooner, as it would have saved some of my sanity.

Apparently, the superuser password has to be written by a piece of proprietary software. Working with the group to see if we can develop a superuser password, or transplant a EEPROM (not socketed) from one control board to another to bypass this. As I understand it, sometimes the superuser password, when generated, does not work. 

Rich
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 04:31:32 pm by AJ3G »

The following users thanked this post: TheBay

Offline TheBay

• Supporter
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2021, 04:01:54 pm »
Hi:

I just posted over there. Thanks for the referral! They have some sage knowledge about these generators that one would not know from simply reading the operator and service manual. Wish I would have found them sooner, as it would have saved some of my sanity.

Apparently, the superuser password has to be written by a piece of proprietary software. Working with the group to see if we can develop a superuser password, or transplant a EEPROM (not socketed) from one control board to another to bypass this. As I understand it, sometimes the superuser password, when generated does not work. 

Rich

I just noticed you got some replies over there, it's a good group with very helpful members and a wealth of information.

The following users thanked this post: AJ3G

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2021, 04:14:35 pm »
Yes, and I really need to check groups.io for other user-groups. Seems like there are now user groups for just about everything. I am very thankful for the groups help, at least I have a good way ahead, which I could not say as of yesterday afternoon :)

Rich

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf