Author Topic: Anyone used the serial decoding function on the Hameg HMO1022 scope?  (Read 2436 times)

Offline djsbTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Hi,
I've tried to follow the instructions in the user manual but ended up getting confused. All I want to do is display a screen of ASCII data (a simple helloworld message) that I send to a PC from a PIC. When I tried to do this the message would whizz across the screen and I could not freeze it to examine it in more detail. Does anyone have any tips on how to set up the scope properly for this?
Thanks.

David.
David
Hertfordshire,UK
University Electronics Technician, London PIC,CCS C,Arduino,Kicad, Altium Designer,LPKF S103,S62 Operator, Electronics instructor. Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Credited Kicad French to English translator.

Offline jpb

• Super Contributor
Re: Anyone used the serial decoding function on the Hameg HMO1022 scope?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 12:06:38 pm »
They demonstrate it in the Watt Circuit review video:

this might be easier to follow than the manual.

Offline mikeselectricstuff

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 12:33:54 pm »
Hi,
I've tried to follow the instructions in the user manual but ended up getting confused. All I want to do is display a screen of ASCII data (a simple helloworld message) that I send to a PC from a PIC. When I tried to do this the message would whizz across the screen and I could not freeze it to examine it in more detail. Does anyone have any tips on how to set up the scope properly for this?
Thanks.

David.
Sounds like you're not triggering properly - are you in Auto trigger mode?
Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs

Offline djsbTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 12:57:43 pm »

Sounds like you're not triggering properly - are you in Auto trigger mode?

My first mistake is to post this topic without having the instrument in front of me (they are at work) so I can't try it and now I'm on leave for two weeks ::) I was looking for some indication of correct triggering but there are a confusion of menus to go through to set this up.
Consider this a semi inactive topic until I can have another go.
Thanks.
David
Hertfordshire,UK
University Electronics Technician, London PIC,CCS C,Arduino,Kicad, Altium Designer,LPKF S103,S62 Operator, Electronics instructor. Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Credited Kicad French to English translator.

Offline Hydrawerk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2013, 02:42:18 pm »
Well, these Hameg scopes are for people, who need a small (but still quite powerful) scope... I would not buy it. The knobs and buttons are a bit confusing.
Amazing machines. https://www.youtube.com/user/denha (It is not me...)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf