Author Topic: Calibrating a Philips PM2525  (Read 583 times)

Offline watchmakerTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • Self Study in EE
    • Precision Timepiece Restoration and Service
Calibrating a Philips PM2525
« on: December 11, 2023, 04:20:36 pm »
I know I will be told if this is the wrong place to post.  Thanks in advance.

I have a somewhat useless but interesting PM2525.  Posted about it in Repair.  SOme interesting engineering in the unit.

Paid next to nothing and I have the service manual which is readily available.  But all repositories seem to use the same copy.  This copy is missing about 4 pages in section 5 which explains the manual calibration procedure.

My example is useful (I like the absence of lead swapping for current) but I would like to get it to match my Flukes and HP DMMs.

I did download the SM for the PM 2535 which has the complete calibration tables but uses a trigger button for entry which the 2525 does not have.

So, does anyone have the complete manual calibration procedure for the PM2525?  I am not willing to experiment with PM2535 manual (use "enter" instead of "trigger") because at my level, my PM2525 is "good enough" (agrees with everything else to the 4th digit).

BTW, this has the same resolution as the Fluke 8840 or HP 3478.  The motor driven selector and the added (albeit now superflous features) grabbed me.  So it goes.

THANKS!

Regards,

Dewey

Offline AVGresponding

• Super Contributor
  • Exploring Rabbit Holes Since The 1970s
Re: Calibrating a Philips PM2525
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2023, 07:07:07 pm »
The 2535 doesn't have a specific Trigger button either; it has Trigger options of Int and Single, two buttons. I wonder if this actually refers to the button on the PM9267 probe? Though the function of this is normally just a data hold   :-//

In any case, worst case scenario your calibration attempt doesn't work. I doubt you can brick the thing trying. The Enter button is the logical one to try.
nuqDaq yuch Dapol?
Addiction count: Agilent-AVO-BlackStar-Brymen-Chauvin Arnoux-Fluke-GenRad-Hameg-HP-Keithley-IsoTech-Mastech-Megger-Metrix-Micronta-Racal-RFL-Siglent-Solartron-Tektronix-Thurlby-Time Electronics-TTi-UniT

Offline watchmakerTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • Self Study in EE
    • Precision Timepiece Restoration and Service
Re: Calibrating a Philips PM2525
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2023, 09:47:44 pm »
The 2535 doesn't have a specific Trigger button either; it has Trigger options of Int and Single, two buttons. I wonder if this actually refers to the button on the PM9267 probe? Though the function of this is normally just a data hold   :-//

In any case, worst case scenario your calibration attempt doesn't work. I doubt you can brick the thing trying. The Enter button is the logical one to try.

Thanks.  I also think it is unlikely I would brick the thing; but...  I like it too much (as an artifact) to take the chance.  Kind of like an amateur "fixin" a 19th century Breguet timepiece.  Usually does not turn out well.
Regards,

Dewey

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf