Author Topic: Siglent SDS800X HD Internal Memory Space  (Read 232 times)

Online TomKattTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Siglent SDS800X HD Internal Memory Space
« on: June 08, 2024, 01:59:22 pm »
I noticed when saving some setups to the internal memory that the new File Manager window displays 1.7G/1.8G for memory space.  The way the bar graph is displayed infers that .1G (100MB) is available.  This is the same memory space used for saving screenshots etc if no USB drive is inserted. 

How are others using and organizing the internal memory?  The new File Manager allows folder management, so I’d guess it would make sense to create folders for various file types such as setups, screenshots, reference waves etc.  But I’d also be concerned whether the scope OS needs some minimum storage space to operate properly…. I’m sure that using a USB drive is the preferred option, but some things like setups would be more convenient to have readily available from internal storage.  The help system discusses the File Manager but makes no mention about how much space to use or leaving any free storage available for the system.

Are others organizing the internal storage by creating folders, or just saving everything to the default home location?  Or using a USB drive to save everything?

Just curious.
Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a PICt

Online KungFuJosh

• Super Contributor
  • TEAS is real.
Re: Siglent SDS800X HD Internal Memory Space
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2024, 04:05:14 pm »
Most people use a USB drive. These sorts of questions should be posted in the main thread: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/siglent-sds800x-hd-12-bit-dsos-coming/
"I installed a skylight in my apartment yesterday... The people who live above me are furious." - Steven Wright

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf