Author Topic: Another bug in the Rigol DHO914S/DHO924S Bode Plot feature  (Read 1133 times)

Offline BobWalanceTopic starter

Another bug in the Rigol DHO914S/DHO924S Bode Plot feature
« on: November 23, 2023, 07:57:37 pm »
I have a DHO924S and have been using the Bode Plot function. As some of you might already know, Rigol's implementation of bode plot in these scopes is very poor. The gain and phase responses have erroneous ripples and discontinuities. Hopefully they will correct this issue.

There is another problem that we should all be aware. I have firmware version 00.01.01 (the latest as of November 2023).

If the scope is configured so that the last settings are used when the unit is powered-ON (Utility->Setup->Load last=Last), and if the scope is powered-OFF when the bode plot window is open, then the scope will become unresponsive when the unit is powered back ON.

When this happens, the scope will apparently still be in bode-plot mode but the bode-plot window will not be visible, so it can't be closed.

The only way to recover from this is to press the DEFAULT button. This will also cause all of the probe settings (e.g. '10x') to be lost.

Of course, if the scope has been set to 'Default' mode (Utility->Setup->Load last=Default) then the scope will not get into this funky mode. However, the 'Load last=Last' is convenient so that the probe settings do not have to be reloaded every time the scope is turned on.

I have made Rigol aware of this problem.

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
Re: Another bug in the Rigol DHO914S/DHO924S Bode Plot feature
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2023, 09:10:13 pm »
I have made Rigol aware of this problem.

Do you have a good contact there? I'm sure we could put together a list of things that need fixing.

There's only a few on the DHO800:

1) Settings aren't saved properly. It doesn't remember the setting for horizontal knob push (fine/zoom) and the window transparency follows the waveform intensity when you reboot (set waveform intensity to 100% and reboot twice, your window transparency will be 100%).
2) Serial decoder threshold level doesn't use the probe attenuation setting, you have to set probe to 1x for it to work.
3) If you press "STOP" and increase the vertical scale it goes wrong after six clicks (trace on screen doesn't match the numbers down the side).
4) The window is the wrong size in the web control interface, it sets 1280x800 - the size of the DHO1000.

Maybe this could be a good thread to post JUST BUGS. No discussion of them here - there's already a thread for that, discuss them over there and post them here when they're confirmed/reproducible. Keep this thread as short as possible.

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
Re: Another bug in the Rigol DHO914S/DHO924S Bode Plot feature
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2023, 10:36:14 pm »
Only four bugs, making it the most mature scope on the market. ;)

Apart from this, I think we donĀ“t need for every bug a new topic:

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/rigol-dho800900-oscilloscope-bug-reports-firmware/msg5089921/#msg5089921
"Comparison is the end of happiness and the beginning of dissatisfaction."
(Kierkegaard)
Siglent SDS800X HD Deep Review

The following users thanked this post: thm_w

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf