Author Topic: Agilent MSO Infiniium scope - change of motherboard, issue with Vbios  (Read 730 times)

Offline PitrsekTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Hello EEVBlog forum,
some time ago I've bought a nice DSO8104A. At some point the plastic pegs that hold cpu cooler broke. Since I had to take it fully apart, I thought I might as well upgrade the PC that is inside  :palm:.
I was cautions not to upgrade it too much, as not to have SW compatibility issue, and also to be able to use the LVDS graphic adapter. So now I have much more memory, super fast dual core, nice intel G43 matx motherboard that supports the pci-e LVDS adapter. But the issue I'm facing is that LVDS panel settings is configured in vbios, and I have no way to configure it. With onboard graphic and external output, I can boot no issue. But with LVDS adapter, resolution is not correct and after windows boots up and increases resolution further I lost. It seems that utility that I'd need is intel bmp ultilty, but I'm unable to find it. Any suggestion would be very welcome. Thanks!

Offline nexus

• Regular Contributor
Re: Agilent MSO Infiniium scope - change of motherboard, issue with Vbios
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2022, 04:18:01 pm »
I did some digging into the Intel BMP utility. I found a website that appears to be semi-legit, but definitely verify before you download anything: https://www.dssz.org/3671160.html

I also found a tutorial on modifying bios to add cpu compatability, the 2.6.7 version of Intel bmp is also cited in this post: https://segmentnext.com/intel-coffee-lake-skylake-kaby-lake-motherboards/

Hopefully these resources are a step in the right direction.

The following users thanked this post: Pitrsek

Online coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
« Last Edit: September 12, 2022, 12:48:16 am by coromonadalix »

The following users thanked this post: Pitrsek

Offline PitrsekTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Re: Agilent MSO Infiniium scope - change of motherboard, issue with Vbios
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2022, 09:17:18 am »
Thank you for the suggestion, I'll try them and report back.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf