Author Topic: Component tester with I(U) diagram?  (Read 1385 times)

Offline ebastlerTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Re: Component tester with I(U) diagram?
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2024, 10:04:21 am »
one suggestion: plan to add a third test lead, to compare two boards quickly, by having two traces in different colors.
like what does the huntron but with a crt display the two traces are the same color...

It's tempting to add more features! Should it also have a DC source output to set transistor base currents like the modern Huntron 2800? But space actually gets tight on the 3.2"-compatible circuit board, starting with the 4 mm jacks...

For A/B comparison of components, wouldn't it actually be more convenient to capture them sequentially, using the same pair of test leads? Tap a button on the touch screen to say "I want to capture a reference", then the curve tracer waits until a stable I(U) curve is measured, stores and displays that in a different color. Then you move on to the next device(s) under test and measure as usual, with real-time display updates that allow comparison with the reference curve.

Seems quicker to me, since you can still work with just two handheld test leads; no need to attach a third connection which would be difficult to juggle handheld. The old CRT-based Huntron trackers just did not have that option since they could not afford to build in a storage scope. :)

Edit: "Triopus" would also work as a name, so at least that does not get in the way of a third connection. ;)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2024, 10:09:47 am by ebastler »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf