Author Topic: DE-5000 "GOE" PSU 230V leakage current measurement request  (Read 380 times)

Offline 74HC04Topic starter

• Contributor
  • Lifetime Electronics Nerd and full-time EE.
DE-5000 "GOE" PSU 230V leakage current measurement request
« on: October 16, 2022, 01:39:44 pm »
After an unsucessful attempt at modifying a linear PSU for use with my DE-5000 LCR meter (with our 50Hz supply, it would appear I need better ripple reduction as the meter is unstable measuing AC resistance at 120Hz), I would like to find a switching supply with similar characteristics to the GOE brand sold for use with the DE-5000. Either that or I will need to return to the linear PSU project.

The GOE unit is very expensive to buy from Japan for what it is and I'd much rather have one with a type G plug than have to improvise with an adapter (and, ideally, make unshrouded "live" pins difficult to access).

I am concerned about killing my DE-5000 through ground leakage (making human body contact with a test lead) if I make the wrong choice of class II ITE switcher and am currently considering medical grade supplies instead (also class II, as the class I units tend to be very high power).

Would anyone with a 660mA / 1A GOE brand unit (it looks like at least 3 different models are out there) and a 230V/240V 50Hz supply be kind enough to measure the AC leakage current to ground for me please? (Greatest value measured when the AC plug has been tested in both orientations please).

In the meantime, I will go back to improving the filtering of the ancient "universal" linear mains adapter I've been working on (in short, in stock form it was little more than a transformer, rectifier, 470uF electrolytic, potential divider switching resistors connected to an LM317 and a 10nF output capacitor).

« Last Edit: October 16, 2022, 02:00:55 pm by 74HC04 »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf