Author Topic: Voltech PM1000+ or Tektronix PA1000+  (Read 674 times)

Online coppiceTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Voltech PM1000+ or Tektronix PA1000+
« on: November 07, 2022, 04:08:32 pm »
Does anyone else here have or use a Voltech PM1000+ or Tektronix PA1000+ power analyser? I've had the Voltech version for a while, and used it for various things, but only today have I tried to use its graphing functions. I am confused by them.

The menus allow 3 types of graph - waveform (instantaneous values, graphed like an oscilloscope), harmonic bar chart, and integration. I want to graph the power consumption of something as it varies over time. I need to select integration mode and integration graphing for this, set an X and a Y axis scale, and start the measurement. I set Y to 200W full scale, and X to 90 minutes full scale. When I start the measurement I see a yellow line form across the screen over about one minute, tracing out the power consumption of my load. Once this reaches the right side of the screen nothing more seems to happen. Why isn't it taking 90 minutes to draw this line? I can't find anything else related to graphing which I need to select.

Offline threephase

• Regular Contributor
Re: Voltech PM1000+ or Tektronix PA1000+
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2022, 05:20:13 pm »
I have a PA1000, but in the integration graph I do not have a setting for the x axis, only the Y axis.

In the integrator mode setup I do have a clock duration setting at 60 minutes default.

With either the default setting or setting it to 90 minutes the initial graph displayed is 1 minute, then as the line reaches the right hand side of the graph the display is automatically updated and changes the x axis to a 10 minute duration.

In the top left hand corner of the screen there is a Time Set value that updates to '0.02 h' as the graph display is changed and then continues to update as further data is collected.

At 10 minutes the graph again updates automatically and the x axis goes to 1 hour.

Hope the above helps.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf