Author Topic: HP7044A x-y recorder replacement  (Read 1427 times)

Offline jquinn11733Topic starter

• Contributor
HP7044A x-y recorder replacement
« on: December 30, 2015, 08:46:41 pm »
Can someone please suggest a replacement for the HP7044A X-Y Recorder
in fully digital windoze software? I have not found an under $1K (US) solution
with atleast 0.01mV or 10uV resolution with atleast two differential inputs.
Most of the low-cost daq solutions will not do realtime display of two channels
as XY.  Instead they seem to display Ch1&Ch2-Time, then post analyze/plot
them as XY. 

My Ch1 (X) is +/-10mV full range.  Ditto for Ch2 (Y).
thanks and regards,
- Jim

Offline PedroDaGr8

• Super Contributor
  • A sociable geek chemist
Re: HP7044A x-y recorder replacement
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2015, 09:35:18 pm »
First you can try calling it Windows, so that you don't sound like a desperately trying to be cool 9 year old. The only thing more cliche is if you called it M$ Windoze.

I am not a very experienced programmer and was tasked with a 1D chart recorder at my previous workplace. We ended up going with LabView, including all of its downsides, because for our usage experience it did what we wanted with the least amount of work. The hardware was VERY robust with the level of resolution you are mentioning. Unfortunately, it is much more expensive than your requirements.

If you can go with used, you can get the NI 9205 module off of ebay for under $500 (there is one that is asking $250 OBO). This still needs a chasis, none of the single slots are available on ebay right now but you can get a cDAQ chasis for under $300. If you add the LabView student edition, this should allow you to do what you want for under $1000.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf