Author Topic: How to read Siglent DAV files (Rigol?)  (Read 3856 times)

Offline tarantulaTopic starter

• Contributor
How to read Siglent DAV files (Rigol?)
« on: August 10, 2015, 02:54:17 pm »
Hi,

I have a Siglent SHS1102 oscilloscope and it's software is pretty shitty. The csv export doesn't work, and I'm stuck with the ability to save BMPs of the low res screen or DAV files. Those files contain all the memory of the scope plus settings and the scope itself can read them. However, the Siglent Software cannot. Does anybody know how to read those files? Since the software of the scope looks like a total Rigol rippoff, maybe there is something from this side that might be able to read the file?

Offline abraxa

• Frequent Contributor
  • Sigrok associate
Re: How to read Siglent DAV files (Rigol?)
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 07:53:00 am »
Does anybody know how to read those files? Since the software of the scope looks like a total Rigol rippoff, maybe there is something from this side that might be able to read the file?

I, too, don't know how to read these. However, judging from http://www.batronix.com/pdf/Siglent/SDS1000X/SIGLENT_Digital_Oscilloscopes_RemoteControlManual.pdf it seems that the DAV format follows the "waveform template" format that Siglent uses. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a description of that template anywhere. Since Siglent also built the WaveSurfer 3000 for LeCroy and LeCroy started the waveform template concept, it's possible that they use the same format.

Alternatively, you could reverse-engineer the format and document it on the sigrok wiki, along with some DAV files. Then, someone can write an input module for DAV files.

Offline alm

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 12:24:12 pm »
I would expect tarantula to have found a solution or workaround sometime during the part two years.

Offline abraxa

• Frequent Contributor
  • Sigrok associate
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 03:16:40 pm »
I would expect tarantula to have found a solution or workaround sometime during the part two years.

Argh, good point...

Didn't notice the date  :palm:

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf