Author Topic: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread  (Read 17684224 times)

RolandK and 23 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline dseyst

• Contributor
Re: Test Equipment Anonymous (TEA) group therapy thread
« Reply #136650 on: August 27, 2024, 07:18:27 pm »
I have a Wavetek 52 also. I think the most interesting part of this meter is that Dave Taylor of Fluke 8060a fame is also responsible for the Wavetek 52

Offline Robert763

• Super Contributor
« Reply #136651 on: August 27, 2024, 07:24:30 pm »
Well I didn't know that. Probably accounts for the great dB performance. The 8060A is my favorite DMM. I have four of them...

Offline dseyst

• Contributor
« Reply #136652 on: August 27, 2024, 09:04:08 pm »
I have four 8060a's also. They are all still very accurate and I like using them as much if not more than any other multimeter I have ( approximately 70 ), not including my analog meters. If you think I have a multimeter problem, I do. Once an obsession starts, it's hard to shake. This probably explains why I have 14 Weston and Eppley standard cells, all of which are still functional.

The following users thanked this post: ch_scr, duckduck

Offline m k

• Super Contributor
« Reply #136653 on: August 28, 2024, 10:38:19 am »
I think I have only a dozen or so DMMs.

My sig tries to say that everything is mentionable, it's also what I can categorize as TE.
I'd also name those China goods if I knew their brands, they are also many times much more practical than the fancy ones.
Though practicality is not any category for having, but some for using it is, and for a beginner, or for a purpose they are excellent.
Maybe most on the edge of my sig is Sinclair, but it's an actual DMM, even that its ohms is very limited.

First I thought I have more than one Sinclair, but maybe I haven't.
Is it good or bad if one remembers winning an auction that one actually lost.
Maybe it's just something emotional.
Advance-Aneng-Appa-AVO-Beckman-Danbridge-Data Tech-Fluke-General Radio-H. W. Sullivan-Heathkit-HP-Kaise-Kyoritsu-Leeds & Northrup-Mastech-REO-Simpson-Sinclair-Tektronix-Tokyo Rikosha-Topward-Triplett-Tritron-YFE
(plus lesser brands from the work shop of the world)

Offline Robert763

• Super Contributor
« Reply #136654 on: August 28, 2024, 11:36:05 am »
You could have knocked me down with a feather today.
I was approached at work and asked "I'm about to throw the stuff from old Fred's workshop out, do you want any of it?"
Do I?  :-\
Not much TE in terms of boxes. A vintage Marconi RF dummy load power meter, Lyons Pulse generator and a vinatage Variac. But lots of "smalls" Coaxial connectors and adaptors including Greenpar inter-series, a few RF bits like coax switches and couplers. lots of test leads, couple of scope probes, some new semiconductors crimps. Also some tools including crimping tools, trim tools ad IC test clips. Some fixed PSUs and a few books.
Not gone therough it yet, just filled the car before it went in the skip. This is very unusual for my work they don't normally let anything escape.

Robert.

The following users thanked this post: ch_scr, duckduck

Offline Robert763

• Super Contributor
« Reply #136655 on: August 28, 2024, 05:46:55 pm »
The power meter is a TF1021A/1 which is much under appreciated. It's a thermocouple thermal converter type so works from DC to 250MHz with 5% accuracy (better than a Bird 43). It can be calibrated with DC or mains frequency AC. Ranges are 50W and 100W but the basic design is the same as a TF1020A/5 which is 150W and 300W. The only difference is a 25R resistor across the the thermal converter input and a cooling fan. So it would be fairly easy to convert this unit to a 4 range model covering 50W to 300W full scale (true thermal average so would handle 1kW PEP SSB voice. The peak power is limited by the 5kV rating of the N connector so 500kW in theory).
Just because it does not have a digital display and a wi-fi connection does not mean it's not a good power meter.

The pulse generator is a Lyons PG-2B. I can't find a manual for it on line so invested £8.50 for one on ebay.

Robert.

Offline Robert763

• Super Contributor
« Reply #136656 on: Yesterday at 07:00:40 am »
Maybe I have a problem..
Make that FIVE Fluke 8060A DMMs

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/226320053043?
No brainer at £35 including shipping  ;D I have a spare rear case...

Robert.

The following users thanked this post: Vince, duckduck

Offline onsokumaru

• Contributor
« Reply #136657 on: Yesterday at 08:46:08 am »
This one is in good working condition. I turned it on and did some basic tests, put it to generate some volts in dc and ac, ohms and miliAmps. My superb quality chinese handheld multimeter seems to agree with the programed outputs, so I'm happy this device is working. It has some stickers from the periodic certifications, and I think the last one was in 2002.

The following users thanked this post: wolfy007, duckduck, m k

Offline onsokumaru

• Contributor
« Reply #136658 on: Yesterday at 08:54:38 am »
Next one in the list to be tested is this Tektronix 577 curve tracer. I  haven't used anything like this before, so I'm collecting the manuals first. I hope it still works.

The following users thanked this post: Vince, duckduck, m k

Online Ice-Tea

• Super Contributor
    • Freelance Hardware Engineer
« Reply #136659 on: Yesterday at 11:04:40 am »
This one is in good working condition. I turned it on and did some basic tests, put it to generate some volts in dc and ac, ohms and miliAmps. My superb quality chinese handheld multimeter seems to agree with the programed outputs, so I'm happy this device is working. It has some stickers from the periodic certifications, and I think the last one was in 2002.
Lucky sod! Enjoy ;-)

The following users thanked this post: wkb

Offline Vince

• Super Contributor
« Reply #136660 on: Yesterday at 04:38:33 pm »
Maybe I have a problem..
Make that FIVE Fluke 8060A DMMs

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/226320053043?
No brainer at £35 including shipping  ;D I have a spare rear case...

Robert.

I have only a single 8060A but it's in perfect shape and works just fine. However if I ever need spare parts it's good to know where I can get them from !  :-DD

Offline m k

• Super Contributor
« Reply #136661 on: Yesterday at 06:47:03 pm »
Dang, my listing is £43.40, it already includes VAT, that's a surprise.

BTW,
first set of earlier BNC stuff is here, and first set of refunds.
Cable ends were so weak that some were still rattling loose when connected.
All T-adapter female parts are missing a metal bottom from one side.
Advance-Aneng-Appa-AVO-Beckman-Danbridge-Data Tech-Fluke-General Radio-H. W. Sullivan-Heathkit-HP-Kaise-Kyoritsu-Leeds & Northrup-Mastech-REO-Simpson-Sinclair-Tektronix-Tokyo Rikosha-Topward-Triplett-Tritron-YFE
(plus lesser brands from the work shop of the world)

Offline TERRA Operative

• Super Contributor
  • Voider of warranties
    • Near Far Media Youtube
« Reply #136662 on: Today at 12:41:30 am »
Next one in the list to be tested is this Tektronix 577 curve tracer. I  haven't used anything like this before, so I'm collecting the manuals first. I hope it still works.

One day I'll pull mine off the shelf and repair it. I know it has at least one shorted tantalum, as usual....

I managed to get a fistful of plug-in test adapters for it, and both the 177 and the 178 test fixtures.
Where does all this test equipment keep coming from?!?

https://www.youtube.com/NearFarMedia/

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf