Author Topic: LeCroy Wave Ace 112 review  (Read 3677 times)

Offline im_a_humanTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
LeCroy Wave Ace 112 review
« on: December 31, 2011, 08:48:50 pm »
Hi Dave, i was wondering if it would be possible for you to get a LeCroy Wave Ace 112 in for a review and perhaps a tear down. I think this could be a rival for the entry level Rigol and other entry level scopes out there and im interested to see how it stacks up. Im planning to buy my first DSO soon and there arnt really any reviews on this model on the net and you only have the manufacturers specs to go on so it would be very interesting i think to see how it performs in the real world.

Thanks, Nick

Offline amspire

• Super Contributor
Re: LeCroy Wave Ace 112 review
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 10:50:14 pm »
These scopes are not new, and are not up to the standard of a Rigol DS1xxx series- they are only 500MS/S and have no long memory. They are sort of the generation-before-the-Rigol scopes at 4 times the price.

Probably not much design input from LeCroy either - they would have been largely designed in China or Taiwan and then purchased and rebranded by LeCroy.

Who would want to buy one?

Offline olsenn

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2011, 11:26:29 pm »
I got a WaveAce102 FREE from LeCroy simply by asking them if they had anything they would be willing to donate. I'll agree that it isn't up to par with the Rigol and is no where near what it sells for, but I like the little touches (such as dedicated amplitude knobs for each channel) and the firmware is better. Amspire is correct in stating that these scopes are not made by LeCroy... they are rebadged (probably Atten) and feel even cheaper than the Rigol (I own both). Stick with a DS1102E for $399... it can't be beat!

Offline im_a_humanTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 04:05:07 pm »
Thanks for your advice guys, im quite shocked the outdated Lecroy is so expensive compared to the Rigol so i wont be looking at Lecroy any more.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf