Author Topic: Agilent/Keysight Infiniium MSO9000 series motherboard repair/upgrade  (Read 8523 times)

Offline HighVoltage

• Super Contributor
Re: Agilent/Keysight Infiniium MSO9000 series motherboard repair/upgrade
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2024, 11:21:41 am »

Off topic: I would just set apart as a daily workhorse: my beloved Tek 2232 (own two of them) which is IMHO the best oscilloscope interface ever designed from the user point of vue: both analog AND digital (so you can cross-check in case of doubt), unique digital single sweep / slow timebase display (you must have tried it to understand!), ...

I hear you
My best performing Scope in the lab is a Keysight MSO-X6004A and it has its important place for certain measurements. But for some analysis, I also use a much older scope, the Philips / FLUKE PM3394B. To me that was the scope with the best interface ever conceived and it still has benefits over a modern Keysight scope today.

But an Infiniium MSO9000 must be a good workhorse as well, I never used one.
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not.

The following users thanked this post: egonotto

Offline F1GWR

• Contributor
Follow-up:
After a while the initial "power up for a quarter a second" phenomenon arose again  |O.
After unmounting the rig, measured PSU 12 V: was present during that quarter second, but then was again shut down spaneously. To retry this test you first have to unplug the IEC mainsconnector wait and reconnect.
Unplugged the MoBo ATX connector and pushed the main switch. Power on remained. Then switched off and replugged the ATX. The scope restarted normally!

Therefore I decided to recap the MoBo.

And also the acquisition board ones (especially those tantalums beginning to fail in shorted mode yelding higher power consumption and supposedly overcurrent protection). While doing this I'll take care to select caps with at least a three fold voltage margin.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf