Author Topic: Trying to find a DAQ / Multiplexer for about 700 Channels Impedance  (Read 291 times)

Offline katzohkiTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
    • My Blog
We have something like a 250 pin connector which needs to be impedance checked just about every way from Sunday. This results in some 700 individual impedance measurements we need to make on this one connector. There is some overlap where 64 pins need to be checked against 9 pins and some other places.

So far I've been looking at the Keysight 34980A along with it's 70 channel multiplexer modules which would give us a total of 560 inputs. Doing things the brute-force way (one incoming connection per measurement) this isn't enough connections. Now I know this probably isn't the most efficient way of doing things. Ideally if I could just connect all 250 pins into the system and measure between any two given pins that would be perfect. I've used a similar system before and I don't think this is really how the Multiplexers work unfortunately. I've also looked at some of the matrix switch modules and they all seem to be limited to being 4x something. I haven't used the matrix modules before though, so let me know if I'm misunderstanding how they can be used.

Would appreciate any help you can give on pulling this off as it will really help having to sit a tech down with a DMM for days at a time!

edit: I should add that I just need a single point impedance measurement for each so switching speed, samples/second etc. is not big concern.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 07:32:44 pm by katzohki »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf