Author Topic: Giga-tronics 12000A series microwave synthesizer  (Read 1057 times)

Offline thememoTopic starter

Giga-tronics 12000A series microwave synthesizer
« on: September 06, 2019, 11:58:18 am »
I will buy used signal generator in my country, i found 3 generators that gigatronics, keysight and rigol. I know keysight and rigol, also i examine them in several sources. However, i did't find any information and user experience about gigatronics 12000A series microwave synthesizer in this forum, youtube and other web-sites. Can anybody have an experience on this device ? if it is , it will be nice to hear :)

Offline thememoTopic starter

Re: Giga-tronics 12000A series microwave synthesizer
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2019, 05:20:07 am »
Any reccomendation ? :scared:

Offline DaJMasta

• Super Contributor
    • medpants.com
Re: Giga-tronics 12000A series microwave synthesizer
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2019, 03:42:14 pm »
I've got a later version but considered the 12000 series, a few things:
They're very capable for the price especially for high frequency output.
There is little to know service information available (just datasheet and manual) and Gigatronics seems to remove all mentions of previous models from their website.
It's also very difficult to find software for them, though user manuals do contain a GPIB command reference.
At least with my series, frequency sweep and mechanical attenuators are optional - so you may end up with an instrument you can't automatically sweep with to make frequency response plots with a SA's max hold mode and that can't output below -20dBm or so, which are often standard features of other RF sig gens.

If you're looking for high bandwidth alternatives, sometimes Anritsu synthesizers come up with some bandwidth, and while they command a price premium, Rohde & Schwarz makes some very good ones as well.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf