Author Topic: $20 LCR ESR Transistor checker project  (Read 3962149 times)

SA and 13 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline madires

• Super Contributor
  • A qualified hobbyist ;)
Re: $20 LCR ESR Transistor checker project
« Reply #9625 on: August 06, 2024, 04:30:35 pm »
Happy programming!

v1.53m:
- Fixed interrupt address issue in gcrt1.S (OPTIMIZE_VECTORS), mainly for avr-gcc 8.3.0 (thanks to horo@EEVblog).
- Updated Polish texts #2 (thanks to Jacon@EEVblog).
- Fixed source code management issue for Timer1 related global variables (reported by indman@EEVblog).
- Updated Polish texts (thanks to szpila@EEVblog).
- Added option to enable/disable self-test (SW_SELFTEST, suggested by indman@EEVblog).
- Added option to display measurement values of self-test/adjustment page-wise (UI_TEST_PAGEMODE, requires >= 6 text lines).
- Added convenience function Display_Value2() to reduce firmware size and changed all suitable function calls.
- Added 5V-Meter with selectable input impedance (SW_METER_5VDC, suggegsted by boneDragon@EEVblog). Optional beep when a threshold is exceeded (requires buzzer).
- Added option to display 4-digit values as value with prefix (UI_PREFIX, suggested by Kim Christensen@EEVblog and edgard22@EEVblog).
- Optional flyback diode is also shown for JFETs now (suggested by Yuriy_K@EEVblog). Fixed D/S reversal issue for p-channel JFETs with flyback diode.
- Updated Brazilian Portuguese texts (thanks to wandows@EEVblog).

Please download at:
- https://github.com/madires/Transistortester-Warehouse/tree/master/Firmware/m-firmware
- https://github.com/kubi48/TransistorTester-source/tree/master/Markus (soon)

Online indman

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9626 on: August 06, 2024, 05:31:12 pm »
Madires, Thank you very much for another gift to all of us and the great work you have done! :-+
I have a small suggestion regarding the README file - it would probably be useful and correct if it indicated the number of the current firmware version, as you indicated in the CHANGES file?
For example, Last edit: 2024-08-01 (Current version 1.53m)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2024, 05:33:11 pm by indman »

The following users thanked this post: edgard22

Offline tedris

• Contributor
« Reply #9627 on: August 06, 2024, 10:20:26 pm »
Hello, I am researching how to upload this file to the lcr meter t-7 (I wanted Finirishi brand original software, if the hex file arrives, I will upload it ready-made, if not, I will try this. It broke down due to the capacitor, I bought a new chip). After making the necessary corrections, how can I convert it to hex file in Windows? I can erase and read the Atmega 324pa chip, I use Atmel Studio 6. I have an Atmel USB Avrısp xpII programmer. I am a software developer, but this is my first time doing something like this. I would be happy if you send me a video or a summary. thanks.

Offline Feliciano

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #9628 on: August 06, 2024, 11:25:42 pm »
Usually the Asian clone firmware is locked for reading, so we can't help you obtaining the "original" clone code. What we can help is providing the updated and official OSHW firmware, which last version could be obtained three posts above this one.

For the k-firmware, there's no ready-made binaries for the T7; for the m-firmware you could build one yourself following the instructions of the clones file, and burn it with your cable remembering to set the fuses according to your crystal. Or if you FNIRSI is like my last TC1, you could go back this thread a few months and follow the discussion we had porting the m-firmware to this particular variant.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2024, 04:42:46 pm by Feliciano »

Offline madires

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9629 on: August 07, 2024, 07:52:25 am »
I have a small suggestion regarding the README file - it would probably be useful and correct if it indicated the number of the current firmware version, as you indicated in the CHANGES file?
For example, Last edit: 2024-08-01 (Current version 1.53m)

Wouldn't that be redundant when looking at the directory: ComponentTester-1.53m/README?

Online indman

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9630 on: August 07, 2024, 08:08:00 am »
Wouldn't that be redundant when looking at the directory: ComponentTester-1.53m/README?
I think it won’t be superfluous, but that’s my opinion. It doesn't look out of place in the PDF file. Especially since many people keep the manual file in different text formats separately from the main distribution. :)

Offline pepe10000

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #9631 on: August 07, 2024, 09:36:24 am »
Hello.

Attached the update of the Spanish language file with the latest news.

All the best.

The following users thanked this post: madires

Offline madires

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9632 on: August 07, 2024, 11:47:04 am »
I think it won’t be superfluous, but that’s my opinion. It doesn't look out of place in the PDF file. Especially since many people keep the manual file in different text formats separately from the main distribution. :)

You've convinced me:
Code: [Select]
Last edit:   2024-08-07
For version: 1.54m
« Last Edit: August 07, 2024, 03:21:02 pm by madires »

The following users thanked this post: indman

Offline tedris

• Contributor
« Reply #9633 on: August 07, 2024, 12:10:48 pm »
Hello, I learned how to compile the file in Linux. The questions I'm looking for answers to are: I couldn't find which codes I should use for my LCD screen. Because my screen model probably doesn't exist.2332919-0

I noticed something like this: When define spi_hardware is turned on in config_644, it sees some variables as undefined and gives an error. When define spi_bitbang, it compiles without error and hex is created.
In summary, which code block will I use for the screen, clone or config? Secondly, why is the spi problem caused? Doesn't atmega324pa support it?

Offline madires

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9634 on: August 07, 2024, 03:34:45 pm »
Please use the display settings for the old TC-1 variant from the Clones file (ST7735, bit-bang SPI). The display wiring of your tester doesn't match the ATmega's SPI pins. So it needs bit-bang SPI for driving the display.

Offline tedris

• Contributor
« Reply #9635 on: August 07, 2024, 03:55:54 pm »
Thank you very much for your help, I will try it right away. There is a 16000 mhz cristal on the circuit. Should I choose 16 when editing the makefile?

Offline Feliciano

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #9636 on: August 07, 2024, 04:46:48 pm »
You seem to have the original TC-1, with the additional power MCU (U4) that should be substituted or flashed with an alternate code when about to run the OSHW firmware.

And your Crystal is 16MHz, so you should declare that on one of the config files.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2024, 04:48:40 pm by Feliciano »

Offline tedris

• Contributor
« Reply #9637 on: August 07, 2024, 05:54:58 pm »
I tried all the LCD codes that belong to the code you gave, but the loading is successful in all of them, but the screen remains white. Since the 5v going to the atmega is cut off after a certain period of time while it is plugged into the usb, I connected 5v from outside and the screen does not turn off. But the screen comes completely white. My screen was mostly black. I tried a bunch of things but it didn't work. I use AVR 4 Software. My programmer is usb avrisp xpII. Nothing came out on the screen, even if it was wrong.

Offline Feliciano

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #9638 on: August 07, 2024, 06:54:19 pm »
Did you replace the STC chip with the already discussed two-transistors circuit? Or you flashed that IC with the alternate firmware?
On the original TC-1 that MCU was in charge of controlling the turning on and off the CTester; the OSHW works in a different way.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2024, 07:05:27 pm by Feliciano »

Offline tedris

• Contributor
« Reply #9639 on: August 07, 2024, 07:17:33 pm »
My card is still with the original one. I just bought a new amega324pa and I'm trying to flash it with the software here. Is there any other change I need to make?

Offline Kim Christensen

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9640 on: August 07, 2024, 07:31:52 pm »
Like I mentioned in the other thread, did you program the EEPROM as well as the FLASH memory?

Offline tedris

• Contributor
« Reply #9641 on: August 07, 2024, 08:25:33 pm »
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/19flDVmQclU_30opdUtMj_kIzZY0iK2bQ?usp=sharing

Yes, two files are flashed, they are also in the picture. Finally, the integrated system gave an error. He couldn't stand all this effort. I have 2 spare ones, but I won't try them unless I'm sure. His last chance may be wasted. I couldn't upload the pictures, I sent them to driva, I would be happy if you can look at them from there. At least all this effort wouldn't have been in vain. thanks

Offline Feliciano

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #9642 on: August 07, 2024, 08:38:11 pm »
My card is still with the original one. I just bought a new amega324pa and I'm trying to flash it with the software here. Is there any other change I need to make?
As I said, the m-firmware is not meant to work with the original STC15L104W. You have two choices: you can a)remove it and add a two-transistors circuit, like in the attached schematic, or b)you could leave it but flashing a new firmware for that U4, which was shared here years ago.
For more information on how to make that TC-1 work with the official firmware, search on this thread around mid-2018.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2024, 11:13:00 pm by Feliciano »

Offline tedris

• Contributor
« Reply #9643 on: August 07, 2024, 09:34:23 pm »
I understood, thank you. If I disable Stc. Can I get an image on my screen? I just want to do this to test whether my screen is working and whether the integrated circuit is flashing. I will fix it later when I get the elements in the diagram.

Offline Feliciano

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #9644 on: August 07, 2024, 10:39:17 pm »
Let me phrase it this way: the m-firmware assumes you're running one of the typical boards described in the clones file. The old TC-1 with its STC is not one of those. So, if that CTester were mine, I would read around page 195, and try to match what's described there, verifying it against your LCD connections. If your new ATmega is good and correctly soldered, nothing else got burned when you inserted the charged capacitor, and you follow without errors all the steps, you should get your unit working, like several of us have achieved.

I will fix it later when I get the elements in the diagram.
FYI:
1)I have made several of those circuits on veroboards with different values for transistors and resistors, and it worked because you only need those "to latch" when you press the power button
2)Some of the old TC-1 developed shorted capacitors/diodes on the power supply due the relatively high voltage of the Zener tester section
3)Probe there's no standard, the last TC-1 I got didn't require that other board or firmware for STC,  because it follows a different schematic. (But first I had to fix a bad solder job)

On the other hand, you're now on a point of no-return: you burned your old ATmega and now you have an useless board, so it's up to you to decide how much more time you want to spend/invest on this, and learn from it, or toss the unit and find another $20 one (being aware you probably won't get an original ATmega).

And off-topic: if any of our hints help you, there's the "Say thanks" button on this page ;)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2024, 10:33:18 am by Feliciano »

Offline Yuriy_K

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #9645 on: August 08, 2024, 03:41:00 am »
After placing the structure in the case and adjusting the frequency of the quartz generator in the Ttester itself, you can see the following picture of measurements...

Added external oscillator frequency measurements. Lower frequencies measurements are possible, but my homemade Si5351 oscillator cannot produce lower frequencies. External dividers must be added...
« Last Edit: August 12, 2024, 10:32:57 am by Yuriy_K »

Offline tedris

• Contributor
« Reply #9646 on: August 09, 2024, 08:15:24 am »
I decided to buy a new LCR meter. Can you recommend me a device that I can use with open source? Bangood, Sonara, Amazon and AliExpress.

Offline Yuriy_K

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #9647 on: August 09, 2024, 10:25:18 am »
Here is an example of a good kit for self-assembly. You can install both firmware versions of the k & m.
https://aliexpress.ru/item/32799188546.html?sku_id=65022357966&spm=a2g2w.productlist.search_results.4.477a5c4fEQX4jp

The following users thanked this post: Teoman

Offline tedris

• Contributor
« Reply #9648 on: August 09, 2024, 10:40:01 am »
is it same ?
AliExpress'te bu muhteşem ürünü buldum. Hemen göz atın!
288,15TL | GM328A transistör test cihazı diyot gerilim frekans LCR metre PWM kare dalga sinyal jeneratörü monitör
https://a.aliexpress.com/_Eumslhf
There is no remote control, I wish there was an IR

Offline tedris

• Contributor
« Reply #9649 on: August 09, 2024, 10:58:05 am »
AliExpress'te bu muhteşem ürünü buldum. Hemen göz atın!
531,42TL | Gm3transistor transistör test cihazı tip-c diyot kapasite direnci ESR gerilim frekans metre PWM kare dalga sinyal jeneratörü
https://a.aliexpress.com/_EuVjonX

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf