Author Topic: Transcripts  (Read 2344 times)

Offline mboichTopic starter

• Contributor
Transcripts
« on: March 03, 2014, 05:23:52 pm »
Dave,

Have you considered creating transcripts of your episodes?  Once indexed by Google, those would be a great resource, and might also create new inbound traffic for you.  I know a major video training site that did this and was very happy with the results.  (I don't know what tools exists to make this easy, but I'll bet there are some.)

Online SeanB

• Super Contributor
Re: Transcripts
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 06:00:54 pm »
If you can strip out the subtitling ( and correct it to actually be something close to what is being said, seeing as it makes a dog's breakfast of electronics terms, and especially of non USA accents) you can post it in the episode thread on the forum.

Offline mboichTopic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 10:16:48 pm »
Ah, I see that it's already there!  I just wasn't sufficiently familiar with the finer points of YouTube.

Offline hikariuk

• Supporter
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 04:34:08 am »
A potentially added bonus of correcting the transcript by hand would be Dave could then use it to put correct subtitles in place on the video.  You can either do a straight transcript, which uses speech-detection to work out where each line is, or you can use one of the timestamp based subtitle formats to tell it where to put each line.
I write software.  I'd far rather be doing something else.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf