Author Topic: VNA for cable characterization  (Read 12685 times)

EEEnthusiast and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline tggzzz

• Super Contributor
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
Re: VNA for cable characterization
« Reply #150 on: Yesterday at 10:39:13 pm »
My ignorance is unlimited!  So you use the common for a decimal and a period for a separator.  Crazy stuff.   I think this is a few minute change.  Let me test it first and I'll upload it for you to try.

That's why I18N libraries are used. (I18N is internationalisation).

Wait until you see how numbers are written in the world's most populous country: search for "crore" and "lakh", and see how 3*106 is expressed.
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less

Offline tggzzz

• Super Contributor
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
« Reply #151 on: Yesterday at 10:42:20 pm »
... to use English UI language, are set to use German date and number formatting and of course metric units. ...

The nice thing about date (and times) is that there are so many standard forms to choose from. See ISO8601 :)
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less

Offline PinörkelTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #152 on: Yesterday at 11:28:36 pm »
I've made the changes and tested both the export and import on both the 32 & 64-bit systems using both decimal formats.  It does what I expect but that by no means suggests it solves your problem. Try it and let me know.
I just tested export and import and if there is anything different than in the previous version, I am not able to spot it. Exported files, as one would expect, still contain the decimal format set in my system settings and imported files have to be in that format to be read properly. I also tested swapping my systems decimal format and the input/output in Solver64 changed as expected. As a result, all "," in the Touchstone files still have to be replaced with "." after export, so other programs like METAS VNA Data Explorer would read the files, which always expect the English number format.

Apart from that I noticed that the time domain x-autoscaling is on by default again, which is nice. Thanks for that. :)
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 11:34:14 pm by Pinörkel »

Offline joeqsmith

• Super Contributor
« Reply #153 on: Today at 12:20:19 am »
I've made the changes and tested both the export and import on both the 32 & 64-bit systems using both decimal formats.  It does what I expect but that by no means suggests it solves your problem. Try it and let me know.
I just tested export and import and if there is anything different than in the previous version, I am not able to spot it. Exported files, as one would expect, still contain the decimal format set in my system settings and imported files have to be in that format to be read properly. I also tested swapping my systems decimal format and the input/output in Solver64 changed as expected. As a result, all "," in the Touchstone files still have to be replaced with "." after export, so other programs like METAS VNA Data Explorer would read the files, which always expect the English number format.

Apart from that I noticed that the time domain x-autoscaling is on by default again, which is nice. Thanks for that. :)

Odd, as that change was made on the 9/7/24 in version 5.07.   
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/rf-microwave/vna-for-cable-characterization/msg5627253/#msg5627253

Interesting is I downloaded the latest version and tried it with German settings and it does not work.   Odd as the version number is correct.   Let me have a look.

Offline joeqsmith

• Super Contributor
« Reply #154 on: Today at 12:58:04 am »
Something went wrong when I copied the files to the second PC.  You were running the same version.   I  went through the rebuild again and uploaded.  I just tried to download the new files back to the other PC and it seems to work.   Should display 5.09.   

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf