Author Topic: 70% efficiency WEP with Magnetic resonance is it the future or Microwave beams?  (Read 795 times)

Offline drp3pp3rTopic starter

Hello World! Im new here so hi everyone! I would like to get some feed back and yours take on magnetic resonance and microwave beams, wirless electricity transfer? what i can find in a scientific journal the best resultate is with magnetic resonance 68% efficiency at a distance of 1-2cm 70mW outer diameter 6.2cm, coil thicknes 1,0.2cm, freq 3,25MHz, distance seperation 1-2cm publiced in jan 2020. Now to Microwave beams 70% efficiency, it doesn't pass the smell test for me, just reading "energy startup" got the alarm going high in this popularmechanics artice (link below)l. Sure Magnetic resonance in certain things like peacemaker to charge or emergency power for it etc. But no revulotion for regular use as this russian tv (link below) Just build the electrical outlet in the wal behind the tv insted or do peopel have a strong will to walk around alot with a  40" TV now days lol. still i found the high efficiency interesting. Is it the allowed field strength that will limited the power output? If my english is a bit weird, dyslexia and my 2:an language, did my best hope its readable.

popularmechanics Nikola Tesla Proved It Was Possible. Now Wireless Electricity Is a Reality.
https://www.popularmechanics.com/science/a33522699/wireless-electricity-new-zealand/

The first truly wireless TV. Even electric!
https://www.aviationanalysis.net/the-first-truly-wireless-tv-even-electric/

Offline Berni

• Super Contributor
Well the thing is that they still have to compete the energy transfer capabilities of a copper wire, so for a 2m long 1.5mm2 power cord, it has a round trip resistance of 40mOhm. If you use the worst case american 110V you can transfer 100W of power while creating 40mW of loss along the way. So the trusty power cord does its job with the efficiency of 99.96%

So even with the 70% efficiency that means you are wasting 75000% more power compared to a power cord.

Then bring a large metal object near the energy transfer area and watch the power consumption rise 2x 3x or even more as it is now doing a better job at being an inductive room heater rather than a energy transfer device. You can see that demonstrated nicely if you slide a flat metal object under a phone that is wirelessly charging, the thing becomes really hot (before the electronics realize power is going missing and shut it off to prevent a fire hazard)

But then again does anyone care if there TV is 50mm thick or 10mm thick? When it is flat against a wall anyway? Well TV manufacturers sure seam to have found out they do because it is the next big thing now that they all figured out how to do thin bezels.

The following users thanked this post: daqq, AaronR

Offline JohnG

• Frequent Contributor
It's been done already: https://epc-co.com/epc/GaNTalk/Post/13935/How-we-devised-a-wirelessly-powered-television-set

The EPC system uses a coil in the wall directly behind the TV, so the range is shorter, but it's still wireless.

Cheers,
John
"Reality is that which, when you quit believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick (RIP).

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf