Author Topic: JBC CD-1BQF T245 handle buzzing/chattering  (Read 863 times)

Offline L-TrainTopic starter

JBC CD-1BQF T245 handle buzzing/chattering
« on: January 17, 2024, 06:52:28 am »
Hi all,

I recently purchased a JBC CD-1BQF soldering station to replace my Aixun T3A in light of its grounding/voltage leakage issues, and I noticed that the genuine T245 handle of the CD-1BQF buzzes/chatters when heating. It's definitely noticeable during its initial heat up shortly after turning on the unit, and it's faintly noticeable when the handle is at idle. It's similar to the buzzing that the T3A can suffer from, but from memory the T3A's handle buzzes louder and at a higher frequency.

For those that have this unit or a previous version of this unit, does your T245 handle have a faint buzz/chatter when its heating? Is this normal?

I've attached a recording of the noise and a screenshot of its spectrogram. It was recorded using my Pixel 6's microphone placed directly on the foam handle with a C245774 cartridge installed, and left idle. +40dB of gain was added afterward.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 06:54:00 am by L-Train »

Offline uli12us

• Contributor
Re: JBC CD-1BQF T245 handle buzzing/chattering
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2024, 05:41:37 pm »
Strange, I have a JBC BT-2BA and an Aifen/Sugon A9 JBC-Clon and can't remember any sound from any of these machines. Only the A9 have a Beeper inside. With this, the first action was to deactivate that silly noise.

Offline belzrebuth

• Frequent Contributor
Re: JBC CD-1BQF T245 handle buzzing/chattering
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2024, 08:35:22 pm »
I just got a JBC bt-2bqa(this is the cheaper one without the display) with T-245A handle and it's also making a sound exactly like the one you describe.
It's not noticeable in a loud setting but it's certainly audible when it's quiet.
I thought that it was the unit itself and not the handle...
I'd hate to return it because I'm already using it and it works okay, just hoping it's normal but it can indeed get annoying if you concentrate on it.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf