Author Topic: New ATTEN Scopes: ADS7xxx series  (Read 4766 times)

Offline tinheadTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • If you like my hacks, send me a donation
New ATTEN Scopes: ADS7xxx series
« on: October 19, 2011, 10:54:25 pm »
POST DELETED AT REQUEST OF OWNER.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 12:26:12 pm by EEVblog »
I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter ...
I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me.

Offline 0xdeadbeef

• Super Contributor
Re: New ATTEN Scopes: ADS7xxx series
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 12:18:07 am »
The ADS7102E looks exactly like the Owon PDS with LA option:
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 07:27:27 am by 0xdeadbeef »
Trying is the first step towards failure - Homer J. Simpson

Offline 0xdeadbeef

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 08:04:08 am »
Yeah, I chose a picture of the PDS with LA option since the MSO line is black and in the same color it's more obvious that this is exactly the same case, except for the manufacturer's name.
Besides, I wonder if this is really only cloned. I kinda understand that cloning schematics or even the layout of a PCB can save you some money, but cloning a case to this degree of perfection seems to cause more work than just getting some "inspiration".

The other question is, why you would bother to hack an Atten scope at all. I kinda admire your enthusiasm, but hacking a (probably substandard) clone of a not-so-great Owon MSO doesn't look like the best way to invest your time (and money).
I had a close look at the Owon MSO line some time ago but came to the conclusion that it's much worse than the SDS line regarding the scope part and the LA part is so basic compared to cheap USB LAs  that it's not really worth paying extra money for it.
Now, considering that the Owon MSOs are not so great, I would assume that Atten clones of them are even less attractive...
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 11:59:25 am by 0xdeadbeef »
Trying is the first step towards failure - Homer J. Simpson

Offline Storeinfinity

• Contributor
  • StoreInfinity thinks decent,different and longterm
    • StoreInfinity
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2011, 05:01:56 am »
I noticed the different fashion Owon applied on the English and Chinese version of their official website.
For the English one, new types are given a new separate page "PSD new" with the large photo and specs.
While on the Chinese on the two new types are simply added to PSD series specs in a manner of low profile.
A lot of notorious online sellers cheat or rip off while we do not bother; We work hard to be constantly refined as a decent, reputable and life-long reliable distributor for people in this field. We now live in Shanghai, a city of vibe with over 30 million people. Come and check this place out!

Offline gregariz

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2011, 05:38:57 am »
Just out of curiosity... and I could be way off base... but I couldn't help notice many of the postings from the chinese members are mainly regarding the various chinese scopes/instruments available. Are any of you involved in the production or marketing of any of these scopes?

PS... I dont care either way.. but it would be nice to know where the opinions are originating from.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 06:02:26 am by gregariz »

Offline Storeinfinity

• Contributor
  • StoreInfinity thinks decent,different and longterm
    • StoreInfinity
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2011, 10:27:48 am »
Just out of curiosity... and I could be way off base... but I couldn't help notice many of the postings from the chinese members are mainly regarding the various chinese scopes/instruments available. Are any of you involved in the production or marketing of any of these scopes?

PS... I dont care either way.. but it would be nice to know where the opinions are originating from.
FYI, I do not produce anything here, nor market non yet I do sell some online via ebay, alibaba, and my own site. I do not know any Chinese here yet and I haven't noticed any Chinese members here.
As for Chinese scopes. haha, to be honest, we almost got nothing to talk about except things we have and we are familiar with. Say, yap Teks, Lecs, and others are popular here in China as well but if you travel in Chinese BBS you would notice much of the literature here are focusing budget gadgets and guess what? People here buy them, use them, fix them and argue about them.
Thus coming up with topics about Chinese DMMs and scopes are first things we can contribute to this lovely BBS. Sincerely I do hope more and more Chinese start to discuss things about other brands from international companies.
Mischa
Saturday night 1827pm at Shanghai amazingly writing stuff online rather than drinking with pals and stuff
ciao
A lot of notorious online sellers cheat or rip off while we do not bother; We work hard to be constantly refined as a decent, reputable and life-long reliable distributor for people in this field. We now live in Shanghai, a city of vibe with over 30 million people. Come and check this place out!

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
  • Born in Finland with DLL21 in hand
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2011, 09:17:03 am »
Fun, but Owon:

PDS6062T  product status: stopped
PDS7102T  product status: stopped
 (I get this info more than one month ago)
It seems that MSO7102TD they still continue.

I have both (chinese and overseas)  product catalogs, and both are 03/2011 and they are real original nice paper printed catalogs.
They have some differencies with models etc and EDU series is not at all in overseas catalog. Also chinese version have printed all certificates.

This is maybe better serie and this serie PDS is upgradeable to MSO (soft+hard)
PDS8102T / MSO8102T
PDS8202T / MSO8202T

if Atten do something you can immediately know that they are cheap copycats (and I am 99.9% sure they just have no any deals with Owon.) Just cheapest way copycats. One of most bullshit company in China what still have some name. They, maybe as before,  they continue in the courtroom.

Time ago they try it with Rigol. In the courtroom Rigol win Atten just as 10-0.  Also they try smart trick with name Siglent for hide some bad feels with Atten name. What it helps, all know that Siglent = Atten, maybe later they are teglent or some other.

This company is one of most known copycat company. Product develobment part have only maybe one people who can use xerox copymachine.
BEV of course. Cars with smoke exhaust pipes - go to museum. In Finland quite all electric power is made using nuclear, wind, solar and water.

Wises must compel the mad barbarians to stop their crimes against humanity. Where have the (strong)wises gone?

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2011, 12:39:23 pm »
ATTEN official answer:

"I am sorry the production of ADS7102E/ADS7202E has been stopped for long"

therefore i asked Dave to delete this post.

Is this turth? I don't know, on one side there are some shops (weekly more) having this models, on the other side
i know ATTEN produced in the past scopes tagged as "ADS7xxx", so maybe just a mistaken question.
I've asked once again, this time with product links, maybe just the overseas sales manager has been not properly informed
about new models? Who knows.

if Atten do something you can immediately know that they are cheap copycats (and I am 99.9% sure they just have no any deals with Owon.) Just cheapest way copycats. One of most bullshit company in China what still have some name. They, maybe as before,  they continue in the courtroom.

Time ago they try it with Rigol. In the courtroom Rigol win Atten just as 10-0.  Also they try smart trick with name Siglent for hide some bad feels with Atten name. What it helps, all know that Siglent = Atten, maybe later they are teglent or some other.

This company is one of most known copycat company. Product develobment part have only maybe one people who can use xerox copymachine.

Copying of a particual hardware is not a legal issue, don't forget ATTEN is developing always own firmware.
Btw, i love these court rummors, however when you exactly search for court decisions you will find that Rigol newer won against ATTEN,
there is nothing illegal - not in china nor in rest of the world (well, in most countires) in copying a particular PCB layout.

Siglent is just a brand name, they producing in principle all kind of modified and improved ATTEN DSOs, SGs, SAs
(more channels, more memory, etc. like the CFL model) i remember as they started there was some informations
and history available why they did it.

And yes, ATTEN is world champion in "cloning" other manufacturer things, sometimes even with beter results,
sometimes really crippled crap.

For now, as i said above, i'm waiting for clarification.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 01:22:41 pm by tinhead »
I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter ...
I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2011, 01:24:40 pm »
i got answer from ATTEN, the ADS7xxx scopes are only for domestic market,
officialy ATTEN is not allowing to export them.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf