Author Topic: The Art of Electronics 3rd edition 10th printing missing pages  (Read 5708 times)

Offline wraper

• Supporter
Re: The Art of Electronics 3rd edition 10th printing missing pages
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2019, 02:24:03 am »
I just spent some time reading about Amazon Export Sales and after reading how they work and based on this screenshot and your chat with Amazon rep I think your copy is legit and you have a justified case of contacting Paul about the issue because the book came from him. The point is AES (for brevity) bought it from Paul and resold to you because that is how you get stuff from Amazon US from Europe. which is confirmed on the screenshot that the merchant was Paul himself. Same was told you by the chat agent who checked the merchant name on file. Hope this will help you feel more comfortable contacting Paul.
:palm: The book did not came from him. Nor does he have anything to do with printing or selling it. All he does is receiving some money from the publisher according to their contract. If Amazon doesn't want to deal with this (it would be obliged if you bought from EU), contact Cambridge university press, not author.  |O Seriously, do not bother the guy with any crap other than actual content of the book.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 02:29:29 am by wraper »

The following users thanked this post: tooki

Offline Electro Detective

• Super Contributor
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2019, 02:52:05 am »

This isn't about 'bothering' the author about just one dud book, and gambling on a one time/one book botch up occurrence,

it may have happened to others, and still be going on, without everyone in the supply chain being aware.

And besides, what author is that 'busy' when their rep, pocket, and customer product confidence may be at risk?

If it was my book on offer getting Frankenbound this way, I'd be very unbothered to be advised asap/yesterday 

Offline wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2019, 02:56:24 am »
And besides, what author is that 'busy' when their rep, pocket, and customer product confidence may be at risk?
Oh, c'mon. Don't tell me that every single failure of consumer electronic device takes confidence at huge risk. And engineer who designed the thing is the one who is responsible to personally replace it for you? 

The following users thanked this post: tooki

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2019, 03:22:10 am »
Wrapper take time to research what Amazon Export Sales are and what they do and where they source products. Your facepalm only shows your ignorance.
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

Offline wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2019, 03:35:55 am »
Wrapper take time to research what Amazon Export Sales are and what they do and where they source products. Your facepalm only shows your ignorance.
Amazon Export Sales LLC is Amazon itself. You want to say that publisher sold books to the author and then author sold them to Amazon?  :-DD
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=202053660
by Paul Horowitz  (Author)
Check any other books. I guess you'll find that every author "sells" them by himself/herself.
Product details
Pocket Book
Publisher: Cambridge University Press; 3 edition (2015)
You should facepalm yourself. BTW particular listing is only fulfilled with by amazon. That means it's sitting in their warehouse but was provided by the seller.
Sold by apex_media and Fulfilled by Amazon.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 03:40:47 am by wraper »

Offline Electro Detective

• Super Contributor
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2019, 03:54:46 am »

Oh, c'mon. Don't tell me that every single failure of consumer electronic device takes confidence at huge risk.

And engineer who designed the thing is the one who is responsible to personally replace it for you?

No I don't expect that (if they are not close by... >:D)

But the engineer designer who waits on royalty cheques that slow down and further engineer employment offer phone calls stop :scared:  because of manufacturing/distribution balls ups

may want to know about it, and kick some ass...   >:(

Offline tooki

• Super Contributor
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2019, 11:31:47 am »
I have contacted them, it resulted in a comical chat with them telling me to contact the manufacturer:
09:34 AM PDT Ajay: I've check the details and seems that return window is expire as on Expired on February 10, 2019, however in this case we are unable to create return label for the item.
I've also check the details and seems that refund OR replacement option is not available in the system.
So please go ahead and contact to manufacturer for further details.

09:35 AM PDT Victor: okay, who is the manufacturer?
09:37 AM PDT Ajay: Manufacturer company : Paul Horowitz
Anything else I could help you with today?
09:37 AM PDT Victor: Paul horowitz is the co-author...do you have actual contact info? company, address, email, phone?
09:38 AM PDT Victor: otherwise this does not help
09:41 AM PDT Ajay: http://www.planetary.org/connect/our-experts/profiles/paul-horowitz.html
please find the above link
That customer service representative is clearly a moron. Try calling Amazon (their callback system really works well, by the way) and talk to a human on the phone. They probably can fix it.

And if they can't, talk to your credit card company. They may have some kind of coverage that applies.

Offline borjam

• Supporter
  • EA2EKH
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2019, 12:35:08 pm »
Binding errors can happen even to reputable publishers.

Several years ago I had a problem with a field guide from a reputable (and expensive!) Spanish publisher (Editorial Omega). It had some missing pages.

They replied immediately and they even sent a replacement by courier who also took the defective copy.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf