Author Topic: Adam Audio T5V active studio monitors (nearfield)  (Read 665 times)

Offline aeberbachTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Adam Audio T5V active studio monitors (nearfield)
« on: March 06, 2023, 09:47:42 pm »
Source is Windows or Mac through a Focusrite USB interface going to the powered monitors via balanced cable, music via Apple Lossless or my own MP3s, 256K VBR. I can't tell the difference between that and CDs anyway.
Started with Presonus Eris 3.5 monitors and they were OK. Not great, just OK. They did not really have the bass or the treble but they are compact and for the price, very happy... they will probably become luxury retro computer speakers.
Bought Presonus R65 mkII speakers and they were a huge improvement, especially good on the treble BUT unusable on the computer desktop due to loud hiss and pickup of computer interference. When not listening to music you are listening to the mouse moving around or the CPU doing its thing. On opening them up I found they reuse Presonus boards from older products and of course caps nobody has ever heard of.
Read some reviews and decided to roll the dice again on Adam Audio T5V - wow! They actually are as good as everyone says. I am still going through all my favorite music and hearing it again. And when not playing music they are inaudible as they should be. I can detect a slight hiss if I put my ear right up to them but nothing to disturb quiet time. Maybe the only bad thing about them is that they have no detent on the gain knob? There's a 10" sub available for around the same price as the pair but I don't think I need it.

(and the Focusrite interface has started to make a bit of a scratchy noise when adjusting the monitor output. I need to open it and look at the pot but they are tough to get into)
Software guy studying B.Eng.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf